Old March 2nd 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Alright, let's go have some fun!!!

My newest toy:

http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft897.htm

Dial right down to the sideband channels from 10 meters!
Old March 2nd 07, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

NICE!

. ..

Old March 2nd 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

My newest toy:
http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft897.htm
Dial right down to the sideband channels from 10 meters!

What does that unit cost?
So how is the performance?

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old March 2nd 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:57:50 -0500, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:

My newest toy:

http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft897.htm

Dial right down to the sideband channels from 10 meters!

New? What did that run you? I have a Icom 746 that I purchased used that was
mint. I am pretty busy this month, so I will try and talk next month.

BTW, I am attempting QRP DX with a 1/2.5 watt walkie talkie on 11 meters. Does
that sound right? No success yest.

Vinnie S.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Scott:

Yeah what do you think of the new Yaesu FT897 Radio?

Yesterday I was crusin around and hears a bunch of stations all with
newbie type call signs on 28.390 and 28.410 USB. It sounded almost like
CB for a minute, but stations where making contact and moving off these
frequencies. There where all having a good time. And me without a
microphone on my mobile radio.

Jay in the Mojave

Looking 4 mobile microphone.

Old March 3rd 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Yeah what do you think of the new Yaesu FT897 Radio?

I got a good deal on the non "D" version, slightly used. I'm just figuring
out all the buttons. Now I need to RTFM and find out what all this stuff does.
I need more wire! Do you make a screwdriver type antenna?

Yesterday I was crusin around and hears a bunch of stations all with
newbie type call signs on 28.390 and 28.410 USB. It sounded almost like
CB for a minute, but stations where making contact and moving off these
frequencies. There where all having a good time. And me without a
microphone on my mobile radio.

I left mine on 28.370 last night while I was talking on 2 meters with an IC-2100
when I heard a CQ. Just need some conditions or more wire...

Looking 4 mobile microphone.

You'll find it in the last place you look!
Old March 4th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Scott;

I have been looking at the Icom 7000 Mobile Radio, for the big truck,
and I can run a large HF Low Band Antenna.

Jay in the Mojave