Old March 7th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Hmmm...

http://www.fatboyamps.org/index.htm

Old March 7th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

From: (Telstar*Electronics)
http://www.fatboyamps.org/index.htm
-
Interesting. Wonder what the motive is behind the page, though?
Disgruntled customer? Maybe even a competing amp manufacturer?
If we start slamming products because of who makes them instead of
focusing on the actual product we might as well begin not listening to
music put out by people who have engaged in similar or other undesirable
acts. The Web site is interesting though and makes some mighty weighty
accusations.

But hell, why not start closer to home in the same vein?

www.qsl.net/k4kwh/

A cb truck-driving hippy stole his lady back in the sixties and this guy
has had a perpetual hardon for cb ever since, causing trouble and
screwing with truckers and cb'ers all over the 'net. No biggie because
it's old news and everyone in the radio world who knows Oxendine or
talked with him on his net
knows he is a little over-the-top, a bit bizarre and prone to rambling
but he still posts (spams?) to other cb web sites this incredibly
overpriced antenna (28 bucks in parts) trying in vain to sell this
voodoo to cb'ers. For $350 it doesn't even include wire or the shaft
and tells the customer to purchase his own whip.

Those schooled in antenna design can imagine the condensation this thing
holds after continuous exposure to tropical conditions such as
incredibly high humidity and temps. The antenna errantly uses
transparent Lexan which
has a water absorption and saturation rate. I'm not certain what the
rates are right off the bat, but it's not good for this purpose.

Maybe he can link to....nah, forget about it!

Old March 7th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

But hell, why not start closer to home in the same vein?

www.qsl.net/k4kwh/

Those schooled in antenna design can imagine the condensation this thing

holds after continuous exposure to tropical conditions such as
incredibly high humidity and temps. The antenna errantly uses
transparent Lexan which
has a water absorption and saturation rate. I'm not certain what the
rates are right off the bat, but it's not good for this purpose.

Another antenna designer is born... LOL

www.telstar-electronics.com

hmmm hmmm hmmm - tomrandall passtime.gif (0/1) Tom P Randall KB2SMS Shortwave 0 January 30th 06 06:36 PM
hmmm hmmm hmmm Tom P Randall KB2SMS Shortwave 0 January 30th 06 06:24 PM
Hmmm, I see radioranch Equipment 0 March 20th 04 04:22 AM
Hmmm, I see radioranch Equipment 0 March 20th 04 04:22 AM
Hmmm.... Chuck K8CPA CB 0 November 1st 03 01:09 PM