Old March 12th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default a bit of skip

I heard a bit of spanish on 38. 10 meters on the other hand was jumping!
I made contact with ARGENTINA and was almost heard in Sao Pauli. He got
half my callsign. I heard stations from Mexico and Jamaica. I was using
my 2950 and a White Tornado 225. I knew we were due for some skip. It's
been too quiet lately. I'll have to try again tomorrow after work!
Old March 13th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mar 11, 9:23 pm, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:
I heard a bit of spanish on 38. 10 meters on the other hand was jumping!
I made contact with ARGENTINA and was almost heard in Sao Pauli. He got
half my callsign. I heard stations from Mexico and Jamaica. I was using
my 2950 and a White Tornado 225. I knew we were due for some skip. It's
been too quiet lately. I'll have to try again tomorrow after work!

hey Scottykins, was Bugsy related to you? Was he a ham too?

Get on 40 meters and shout out sometime...KB3JQQ is distinctive
enough, should be able to hear you through the noise.

PS: aren't you limited to 200 watts on 28.3 to 28.5, like everyone
else? That white tornado might get ya in trouble.

Old March 16th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Scott:

Yeak I am keeping an ear on 28.380 to 28.420. When the skip comes in its
hot with newbie call signs, eveyone is having a blast.

Jay in the Mojave

Old March 16th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Jay

I thought I may have heard a tiny bit of Aurora or whatever one calls it,
night before last. It sounded as though it was trying to break on thru to
the other side, but it never quite made it to the Buckeye. That can be some
really fun DX when it rolls, especially at night. I'll get 'em next
time.

The band sounds quiet here at the moment.

Happy St Patty's to all the rrcb'ers. chin chin

Old March 17th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Steveo:

Yeah a happy St Pattys day back at yeah! Don't drink too much, don't
drink where you put **** back you didn't steal!

I am putting up a 4 and a 5 element beam for 10, and see how that hums.
Has a modified Balun and will be testing it.

Jay in the Mojave

Old March 17th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Copy the massive aluminum in the breeze Jay. 10-4.. The ground wave has
been running strong over here lately, in fact I just talked to a guy that I
haven't heard in almost 15 years. Some things never change if ya got good
ears, right?

Small world.

Old March 18th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mar 17, 12:43 am, Steveo wrote:
Copy the massive aluminum in the breeze Jay. 10-4.. The ground wave has
been running strong over here lately, in fact I just talked to a guy that I
haven't heard in almost 15 years. Some things never change if ya got good
ears, right?

OR IN YOUR CASE, GOOD LIPS!
Small world.

Steveo wrote:
Hello Jay

I thought I may have heard a tiny bit of Aurora or whatever one calls
it, night before last. It sounded as though it was trying to break on
thru to the other side, but it never quite made it to the Buckeye. That
can be some really fun DX when it rolls, especially at night. I'll
get 'em next time.

The band sounds quiet here at the moment.

Happy St Patty's to all the rrcb'ers. chin chin

CHIN CHIN, AY? SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THINGS ON YOUR
CHIN, KEYCLOWN.

Old March 18th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"coming next! Mopeydopey is outed!" wrote in
message ups.com...

Steveo wrote:
Hello Jay

I thought I may have heard a tiny bit of Aurora or whatever one calls
it, night before last. It sounded as though it was trying to break on
thru to the other side, but it never quite made it to the Buckeye.
That
can be some really fun DX when it rolls, especially at night. I'll
get 'em next time.

The band sounds quiet here at the moment.

Happy St Patty's to all the rrcb'ers. chin chin

CHIN CHIN, AY? SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THINGS ON YOUR
CHIN, KEYCLOWN.

Wazzup Doug? Just get out of jail?

http://www.usenet.com

11 meter skip [email protected] CB 4 January 11th 07 12:55 AM
SKIP LAND thunder01 CB 16 September 16th 05 12:35 AM
Rolling skip Vinnie S. CB 20 March 2nd 05 02:55 AM
Skip Signals? Jack D. CB 2 February 2nd 05 03:35 PM
Skip? Trev 999 CB 2 November 24th 04 04:11 PM