Old April 9th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default ATTN: AKC

I was listening to a couple of OM's on 3.950 tonight and one stated that
"The amp (AL-80B) was always operating with his EVERY transmission" even
though both stations were in the same town, and both of their signals were
59. Isn't this a violation of the Part 97 Rulebook? I believe it states that
hams must use the LEAST amount of power to carry out the desired
communication. If I were you, I'd keep my ear on that frequency (3950)
because it has a LONG history of illegal ops on it. I dunno...maybe tell
Riley?

Old April 10th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 8, 11:11 pm, "A.E. 352" wrote:
I was listening to a couple of OM's on 3.950 tonight and one stated that
"The amp (AL-80B) was always operating with his EVERY transmission" even
though both stations were in the same town, and both of their signals were
59. Isn't this a violation of the Part 97 Rulebook? I believe it states that
hams must use the LEAST amount of power to carry out the desired
communication. If I were you, I'd keep my ear on that frequency (3950)
because it has a LONG history of illegal ops on it. I dunno...maybe tell
Riley?

yes, and from what I hear on my scanner, hams do it all the time.
They're supposed to use only the minimum power needed for
communications, but I frequently hear hams using the two meter
repeaters when they could communicate simplex instead.

Hams living on the same street as each other, just a couple of houses
away from each other in the same very small village, while they're all
at their homes.

And this wasn't during nets. It would be understandable if it was
during nets, since then they're trying to communicate with others who
might not hear them otherwise.

Old April 10th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 8, 11:11 pm, "A.E. 352" wrote:
I was listening to a couple of OM's on 3.950 tonight and one stated that
"The amp (AL-80B) was always operating with his EVERY transmission" even
though both stations were in the same town, and both of their signals were
59. Isn't this a violation of the Part 97 Rulebook? I believe it states that
hams must use the LEAST amount of power to carry out the desired
communication. If I were you, I'd keep my ear on that frequency (3950)
because it has a LONG history of illegal ops on it. I dunno...maybe tell
Riley?

I forgot to mention that the hams I heard using more power than
necessary for communications with whom they were communicating at the
time were hams who got their ham liscenses when Morse Code was still
required to get a ham liscense.

Old April 11th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

all of which is nothing more than a lame assed attempt to justify
keyclownism.

ATTN: NORM Radiosrfun Swap 0 February 11th 07 11:46 PM
ATTN: JaNoSh Doc Scanner 1 January 6th 06 01:34 AM
ATTN: 4nradio JuLiE Dxer Shortwave 0 October 8th 04 03:18 PM
Attn: Big T dxAce Shortwave 1 September 22nd 04 05:18 PM
ATTN:CUMDUNGEON little vinny Shortwave 5 June 21st 04 07:54 PM