Old April 23rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB

hi,
my name is david bowen and well i have a qestion you might not hear
often or never have heard. i was wondering if you know of or have or
even could find me a CB radio even if you can only hear what people
are saying and cant talk back. it sounds dumb but ever since i was 7 i
loved watching the "the big boys" drive down the road and wondered
what they were always talking about when they are on those long runs
to texas,canda, wyoming were ever i use to have a CB but it finally
puffed its last breath 2 years ago and now that am 16 i really wanna
get back in to hearing what all the "chatter" is my friends dad is a
trucker and well i think his job is cool and think i might be a truck
so i could be one of " the big boys" i used to see when i was younger.
if you have any ideas or know any one who might help me with getting
to be a trucker or would like to tell me whats its really like to be
one of the big boys please have them write me a letter or e-mail me
at

David Bowen
po.BOX.837
Easton, MD
21601
thanks,
David Bowen

Old April 23rd 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

CB radios are easy enough to buy -- go to Radio Shack, and get a decent CB
radio with a magnet mount antenna for well under $200. If you want
something cheaper, you can get a "rubber duck" antenna, (it looks like a
walkie talkie) for even less, but you will have far less range.
To become a trucker, you should probably need to attend a vocational school
program to get a truck driver's license. Contact your local DMV (department
of motor vehicles) for information on insurance, driver's license
requirements, age specifics, and so forth, for your state, as they may vary
from state to state.
-Midnraker

oups.com...

Old April 23rd 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Search around online or even ebay you should be able to get a decent cb
radio with a 4ft firesitck for about $75 to $85