Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default cb question

I got a galaxy dx 949 with a wilson 500 antenna. The swr is at 1.3-1.5.
When on ssb the warning light for swr glows brighter as you talk into
the microphone. On regular am it don't do this. What is it that could
cause this? I've got both the stock mike as well as a red devil power
microphone but they both are doing the same. Any ideas? The built in
meter on it is showing that in fact the swr dose increase as you talk on
ssb. But the swr decreases on am when you speak. Is this normal or does
it need fixed.