Old June 19th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Astatic 631L vs. 636L

I see both these listed by sellers, but only the 631 listed on the
Astatic website:
http://www.astaticinstalled.com/products.asp?cat=10

I'm not sure what to make of this. I wonder how the two compare, and
which might be the better value for the money.

One seller:
http://www.sjtelecommunications.com/ast-636l.html
carries both and, I think for the same price.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
--
_______
-CH
Old June 19th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Crazy Horse wrote:
I see both these listed by sellers, but only the 631 listed on the
Astatic website:
http://www.astaticinstalled.com/products.asp?cat=10

I'm not sure what to make of this. I wonder how the two compare, and
which might be the better value for the money.

One seller:
http://www.sjtelecommunications.com/ast-636l.html
carries both and, I think for the same price.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

A 636L is a communications mike and a 631L is for paging?
That would mean different response curves. Figure a 636L
is good for 300-2500 Hz and a 631L to have more response.

Your radio only responds to the communications curve.
Lots of lows will distort early and lots of highs will splatter.
Old June 19th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Crazy Horse wrote:
I see both these listed by sellers, but only the 631 listed on the
Astatic website:
http://www.astaticinstalled.com/products.asp?cat=10

I'm not sure what to make of this. I wonder how the two compare, and
which might be the better value for the money.

One seller:
http://www.sjtelecommunications.com/ast-636l.html
carries both and, I think for the same price.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

A 636L is a communications mike and a 631L is for paging?
That would mean different response curves. Figure a 636L
is good for 300-2500 Hz and a 631L to have more response.

A bit more reading shows the 636L to have radio connections;
(6 wire cord which allows for relay, electronic or virtually any type hook up),
and the 631L to be for paging with balanced output;
(4-conducter, 2-shielded)

Your radio only responds to the communications curve.
Lots of lows will distort early and lots of highs will splatter.

Get the 636L. I'll send you my bill for the consultation!
Old June 20th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Thanks. I don't think I mentioned this, but I want to plug it into a
Uniden CB radio (PC78ELITE). So, this mic would work well with this
Uniden CB radio?

This mike is unamplified. I always get reports that my 636L
sounds better then the RS stock mike on my RS TRC-451. I
have a topless vehicle. I *need* the noise cancelling part!
Old June 20th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:22:09 GMT, Crazy Horse
wrote:

In article ,
says...
So, this mic would work well with this Uniden CB radio?

This mike is unamplified. I always get reports that my 636L
sounds better then the RS stock mike on my RS TRC-451. I
have a topless vehicle. I *need* the noise cancelling part!

So, do you think the 636L will work well with a Uniden PC78ELITE ?

Yes. For truck or noisy road environments.

Thanks.
----------------
P.S. I've also heard good things about the Astatic Red Devil, which is
both noise cancelling and powered. Also, apparently, it weighs about
half as much as the 636L. I wonder if having a powered (amplified) mic
makes a big difference.

Well, They are not too expensive on ebay, so you can get both eventually, and
then switch them anytime.

Vinnie S.
Old June 20th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

In article ,
says...
WWW.EHAM.NET TALKING ABOUT REC.RADIO.AMATEUR.POLICY AND ITS NOT GOOD
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING Options
To make this topic appear first, remove this option from another topic.
Standard view View as tree
Proportional text Fixed text
:
[snip]