Old July 1st 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 222-225 mhz

Not Roger wrote:
"Scott in Baltimore" wrote in message
. ..

And he still can't pass the test...

...of published answers. It's easier then playing Jeopardy.

The "dumbing down" of Amateur Radio is very apparent.
Examples abound, especially on the area repeaters.

Case in point. How many Newbies with new HT's do you hear telling others
that they are "full quieting" on a local repeater??
Duh!
And of course there are the Newbies who are unfamiliar with Simplex
operations. What the heck is simplex? HT's are supposed to be programmed for
all the local repeaters, right?

And if you Newbies can't get your new Radio Shack handlelds working right,..
take them back to Radio Shack so as to let the stupid sales person program
it for you.

Two Meters these days ain't what it used to be.
I heard that, I did.

Hello all:

I just couldn't resist replying to this one.

What petty and small change crapp! Good hams come from being helped out.
I wish I had a dime every time I ignored some petty crapp from some one.
And the conversation or QSO turned into something great, like me
learning something.

I suggest the unfriendly hams get friendly.

CW should have been thrown out when the telephone was invented. But if
you enjoy it have at it. But the dropping of CW is not dumping down the
amateur quality, but increasing the ranks of people who know and have
experience with other technical issues. I have a newbie down the road
whos is a super computer wiz-o can do and fix type. I love talking to him.

Jay in the Mojave