Old July 21st 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Neat speech processor

Hello All:

Here is a neat old speech processor that we all use to use on our AM/SSB
radios in the 80's.

This speech processor really worked well inreasing the average speech
power the transmitter put out. It allowed us to cut thru the skip when
trying to talk to the locals. And when underhanded transmissions where
sent it was turned off, so not all would hear ya.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-SPEECH-PRO...QQcmdZViewItem

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 21st 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:28:58 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+++Hello All:
+++
+++Here is a neat old speech processor that we all use to use on our AM/SSB
+++radios in the 80's.
+++
+++This speech processor really worked well inreasing the average speech
+++power the transmitter put out. It allowed us to cut thru the skip when
+++trying to talk to the locals. And when underhanded transmissions where
+++sent it was turned off, so not all would hear ya.
+++
+++http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-SPEECH-PRO...QQcmdZViewItem
+++
+++Jay in the Mojave

**************

The best processor that I have ever heard was the ones made by
Sherwood Engineering that worked with the Drake TR4 or with the T4X.
It was an RF clipper with an 8 pole crystal filter following. That
made a fantastic difference. Far better than any audio clipping or
compression would do.

james
Old July 22nd 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

james wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:28:58 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+++Hello All:
+++
[...]

Hello James:

Yeah I have heard of the Sherwood, and other processors. They did work
great. I don't know all the poop about them but I know when my Yaesu 902
was driving my amp the Gamma Matches would ack over on the Moonraker
beam, with the Diawa 440. The stock processor worked also, but not like
the Diawa 440.

Another reason for dumping the gamma matches

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 22nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:55:32 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+++james wrote:
+++ On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:28:58 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
+++ wrote:
+++
+++
++++++Hello All:
++++++
++++++Here is a neat old speech processor that we all use to use on our AM/SSB
++++++radios in the 80's.
++++++
++++++This speech processor really worked well inreasing the average speech
++++++power the transmitter put out. It allowed us to cut thru the skip when
++++++trying to talk to the locals. And when underhanded transmissions where
++++++sent it was turned off, so not all would hear ya.
++++++
++++++http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-SPEECH-PRO...QQcmdZViewItem
++++++
++++++Jay in the Mojave
+++
+++ **************
+++
[...]

*************

It is not the fault of the Gamma Match design. The design is a very
rock solid design. How various manufacturers implement the design and
the materials used is what becomes the major issue. It is still by
far one of the better matches to take an unbalanced feedline to a
balanced antenna system. The dielectric for the capacitor should be
teflon in high voltage, ie high power, situations. Often manufacturers
skimp a bit and use nylon. Nylon deteriates with time and exposure to
UV light. Cracks propogate through the capacitor and you also get
dielctric breakdown. Teflon is a better material. I not sure but I
beleive that UV stabilized Delrin may also work adequately. Also any
other plastic that is UV stabilized may work well for medium and low
power applications.

james
Old July 22nd 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:
+++james wrote:
+++ On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:28:58 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
+++ wrote:
+++
+++
++++++Hello All:
++++++
++++++Here is a neat old speech processor that we all use to use on our AM/SSB
++++++radios in the 80's.
++++++
++++++This speech processor really worked well inreasing the average speech
++++++power the transmitter put out. It allowed us to cut thru the skip when
++++++trying to talk to the locals. And when underhanded transmissions where
++++++sent it was turned off, so not all would hear ya.
++++++
++++++http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-SPEECH-PRO...temZ1801413908...
++++++
++++++Jay in the Mojave
+++
+++ **************
+++
[...]

james- Hide quoted text -

Of course, you keyclowns fail to state that if one runs 4 watts CB
power the gamma match insulator could be made out of about anything
and still wouldn't fail. Guess that would be accepting the fact that
power on the CB band of a level to cause gamma arcing is not legal.

Old July 23rd 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 15:26:47 -0700, moparhoLICK and chukkeesukkee are
lovers wrote:

> [...]
| balanced antenna system. The dielectric for the capacitor should be
| teflon in high voltage, ie high power, situations. Often manufacturers
| skimp a bit and use nylon. Nylon deteriates with time and exposure to
| UV light. Cracks propogate through the capacitor and you also get
| dielctric breakdown. Teflon is a better material. I not sure but I
| beleive that UV stabilized Delrin may also work adequately. Also any
| other plastic that is UV stabilized may work well for medium and low
| power applications.
|
| james- Hide quoted text -

|Of course, you keyclowns fail to state that if one runs 4 watts CB
|power the gamma match insulator could be made out of about anything
|and still wouldn't fail. Guess that would be accepting the fact that
|power on the CB band of a level to cause gamma arcing is not legal.
|----------------------------

I would not go that far. One could construct a gamma match that with
enough time and deteriation would fail at power levels of 4 to 20 W.

Still for most contruction of gamma matches, they will not fail at 4
W.

james

C.M Howes AP3 Speech Processor. Tom Homebrew 1 January 16th 11 08:31 PM
FA: Speech Processor- Daiwa RF-440 Lou Dietrich Swap 0 January 31st 05 04:13 PM
F.S.DX Engieeering speech processor general4d.net Swap 0 September 28th 04 01:18 AM
CPI Speech Processor nukem CB 1 November 3rd 03 10:21 PM
Drake SP-75 Speech Processor for TR-7, TR-7A W9zr Swap 0 July 19th 03 01:33 PM