Old August 13th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Is this true?

Somebody told me if you have antron 99 or a i max 2000 or any
fiberglass antenna.When you first put it up it works good,then after a
couple of years being up,it starts to loose it's recieving strength. Is
this true? how about if you clean the antenna on the outside,will this
help? someone said car wax works good..

Old August 17th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 13, 2:18 pm, (Toni Toad) wrote:
Somebody told me if you have antron 99 or a i max 2000 or any
fiberglass antenna.When you first put it up it works good,then after a
couple of years being up,it starts to loose it's recieving strength. Is
this true? how about if you clean the antenna on the outside,will this
help? someone said car wax works good..

I have to wonder if you're getting this advice from truckers by any
chance? I can understand where they're coming from if their antennas
aren't springloaded (so they're basically smashing the damn thing if
they drive under something shorter than the antenna is).

True a.m. jack Homebrew 0 March 9th 06 01:09 PM
Could it be true? Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê General 17 April 10th 05 08:30 PM
Could this be true? Mo Fo? General 0 November 28th 04 12:33 AM