Old August 21st 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default sick no code wonders

FUBAR wrote:

Greezeball Joe wrote:

Ham radio operators are all very boring old men who
drone on and on about their stupid radios.

and yet, so many of them were responsible for the great inventions we see
around us (like television, cell phones and computers).

Some of the great engineers of the 20th Century were also hams. In fact, at
least one Great Journalist *is* a ham (Walter Kronkite). Stuffy old me eh?
Without us, this world would still be stuck in 1930's technology.

No not stuck in the 1930's as the consumer electronics market would have
dictated new technologies. But I am sure there where a big help in many
things.

I still can't get over what a help there where in a Emerengcy Response
Meeting we had a few years ago. We had the local city farthers there
wanting to have a game plane for fires, earth quakes, heavy snow, or
what ever. And offered moneys for radio equipment, and offering city
owned locations that would make great repeater sites. Asking for a
helping hand and offering to assist as they could. Wow what a offer!

But our Ham Radio boys almost blew it. By asking for more jelly donuts,
and wanting VIP parking pass's, and reduced prices on the local fair
tickets. I thought they where joking at first, but there self centered
ways had shown thru.

But all was saved by a local businessmen who owned the local radio
repair shop. By ofering his services, and the owner of a large ware
house that a 2 meter and 440 repeater with battery back could be
installed. All works great as is tested every so often.

Jelly Donuts anyone!

Jay in the Mojave

sick,sick,tard! Konstans_with_a_C Policy 2 July 22nd 06 05:44 PM
sick,sick,tard! Konstans_with_a_C CB 2 July 22nd 06 05:44 PM
Morse Code: One Wonders... and Begins to Think ! [ -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ] RHF Shortwave 0 January 5th 04 02:49 PM