Old August 30th 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default My CB

FreeBandWilly FreeBandWilly wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Steveo:

Wow that ground wave sounds like great fun. I have guys in Reno Nv and
Fresno Ca I talk to all the time on ground wave. It seems to be a lot
more steady than the signals skipping off the atmosphere. Oh by the way
all of us are using the Interceptor 10-K Antennas.

Yeah If I can hear them I can usually talk to them.

I put up a full 5/8 wavelength Interceptor for 20 meters, it was 41
feet tall, and had 4 ea 16 foot ground plane radials. It was a antenna
not from this world. After a while it was no fun, then I used it
barefoot, it worked great. Took it down and started working the quad
project.

I have pictures of the Interceptor 10K for 20 meters, it was very
large!

Jay in the Mojave

Steveo wrote:
Hello Jay

Yeah those books are good too. I'm up late tonight with the 90 to 150
mile
ground wave into Michigan. It's all good since I have tomorrow off
from production. (wipes brow)

If you can hear them you should be able to talk to them, rogo. Need a
good
antenna or two. I dig that ground wave.

Jay in the Mojave wrote:

Steveo wrote:

Listens almost as well as it talks!

Hello Steveo:

Roger that, its supposed to. I have a nice collection of CB radio
Books and such. One of the writers was a big time linear manufacture.
And most have passed on.

I would say all is humming there Dude.

I hear skip come in from up north, Oregon, Washington, and Alaska,
just in for a few seconds and it fads out. Crazy man!

Jay in the Mojave

Kreedentials:
New left head gasket, and top radiator hose on 64 Buick
Found a new set of 4ea 6LQ6's tubes in the Barn, will be firin up the
ol D&A Maverick 250 again
Got the Quad working pretty good, but still needs more macthing, may
use
a hairpin??!?
Out of stuff to say, don't have enough to fill up 5 categories.

been thinking about getting one of those Interceptor 10K...........kinda
pricey, but they look good!

anybody else here using it??

I've had one for about five years, great antenna!
Old August 30th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hi Jay

Yeah that thing must be huge! I've had great reports with my Interceptor
10-K Antenna. Very satisfied.

Old August 30th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Weatherman wrote:
On 29 Aug 2007 04:28:20 GMT, Steveo , in an
obviously impaired state, wrote:

Listens almost as well as it talks!

I'm sure the same can be said of the radio's owner.

Been having lots of fun with ground wave lately.