Old October 21st 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default attmosphere condations improving?

Hello All:

Here is a link showing the sun spot activity, skip was ah roaring last
night, from all over the country.

http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

So maybe skip conditions may be improving?!?!?!?

Also keep an ear open on 28.400 USB, plus or minus a hand full of Kc's
as this is now a hot frequency for those who have a no code Technician
Lic. And gets pretty active when the skip is running.

Jay in the Mojave

Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!

Old October 21st 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Jay in the Mojave

Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!

Remarkable!
Old October 22nd 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Oct 20, 8:54 pm, Steveo wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote: Jay in the Mojave

Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!

Remarkable!

" attmosphere condations" have little to do with HF propagation, not
even when "atmospheric conditions" is spelled properly. Conditions in
the ionosphere do.

Old October 22nd 07, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

cmdr buzz corey wrote:
On Oct 20, 8:54 pm, Steveo wrote:

Jay in the Mojave wrote: Jay in the Mojave

Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!

Remarkable!

" attmosphere condations" have little to do with HF propagation, not
even when "atmospheric conditions" is spelled properly. Conditions in
the ionosphere do.

Spelling is good enough for whose it 4. Again I always like the goof
balls getting wrapped around the axle over insignificant spelling. I am
sure they had their lunch money taken from them often.

Jay in the Mojave
Old October 23rd 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:09:27 -0500, "Yo Mamma"
wrote:

|"cmdr buzz corey" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On Oct 20, 8:54 pm, Steveo wrote:
| Jay in the Mojave wrote: Jay in the Mojave
|
| Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!
|
| Remarkable!
|
| " attmosphere condations" have little to do with HF propagation, not
| even when "atmospheric conditions" is spelled properly. Conditions in
| the ionosphere do.
|

|So ****wit, is the ionosphere not a layer in the atmosphere?

|-------------

technically yes. But I sure as heck don't want to live up there.

The proper use would have been "atmospheric conditions". Even more
specific would be "ionospheric conditions".

james

Old October 24th 07, 11:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

Here is a link showing the sun spot activity, skip was ah roaring last
night, from all over the country.

http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/SunspotCycle.shtml

So maybe skip conditions may be improving?!?!?!?

Also keep an ear open on 28.400 USB, plus or minus a hand full of Kc's
as this is now a hot frequency for those who have a no code Technician
Lic. And gets pretty active when the skip is running.

Jay in the Mojave

Yeah its blowing like all get out here,,,, wonderful!

OK More attmosphere condations info:

http://www.nwra-az.com/spawx/ssne24.html

We had a couple of days of skip that came in hard and heavy last
weekend. All the bands seemed to be hopping. Nows the time to put up a
beam and listen in...... Its seems to be a better time to listen in as
the skip and condations maybe gettin better, but still have weird
stations coming in from all over, a lot of fun.

Jay in the Mojave

Old October 25th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
[...]

Hello Jay

I just fired it up about a half hour ago and San Diego is rolling it fairly
well, talked to two stations out there. I feel bad for those people with
the wildfires burning down their homes out that way.
Old October 26th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Hello Jay

I just fired it up about a half hour ago and San Diego is rolling it
fairly well, talked to two stations out there. I feel bad for those
people with the wildfires burning down their homes out that way.

piggy back my post

The eastern seaboard is hammering me now. wide open
Old October 26th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:

Steveo wrote:

Hello Jay

I just fired it up about a half hour ago and San Diego is rolling it
fairly well, talked to two stations out there. I feel bad for those
people with the wildfires burning down their homes out that way.

piggy back my post

The eastern seaboard is hammering me now. wide open

Hello Steveo:

Yeah Where on the west coast where hammered with stations from all over
the country, both from the north and east directions.

The wild fires are a real concerm for many as the fire storms brounght
on by the Sanata Ana Winds burned out too many homes.

I keep an ear on the VHF Murs channels, and a bunch of old mostly unused
VHF business channels, maybe to lazy to program new frequencies, but out
here in the Mojave Desert there arn't too many active frequencies. Every
once and while I will hear someone yep yapping. But hearing fire fighter
traffic all over the bands even on the VHF Low Band channels. Helo's and
spotter fire fighter aircraft fill the airwaves. I have a rell broad
band VHF ground plane antenna, made from coffee cans.

Jay in the Mojave
Old October 26th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Steveo wrote:

[...]

Good thing keeping your ears in the breeze, Jay. Are those wildfires near
you too? I hear they are blaming some of that on arson. Who could be so
stupid to do that on purpose?

reception is improving tom k in L.A. Shortwave 6 September 21st 07 03:15 PM
Improving FM in building amdx Antenna 6 April 13th 06 04:05 PM
Improving the Drake TR-3 Steve Reinhardt Boatanchors 15 October 31st 05 07:06 AM
improving sensitivity: DX-398 Bunia3 Shortwave 11 April 28th 04 02:52 PM
DX conditions improving R.F. Collins Shortwave 0 November 28th 03 01:53 AM