Old December 25th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Uniden PC 76XL

Have a Uniden PC 76XL CB set which is emitting an on frequency carrier -
albeit damned near dead - to a near by receiver set to the same channel.
There is no modulation going through it at all ***. There was a partial leg
sticking out of the D8 spot - it was either pulled or fell apart - not sure
which.

*** When I have an External Speaker hooked up via the jack, I seem to get
Modulation through IT and hear it on the near by receiver at the same time -
otherwise I get no modulation at all. The RF meter still isn't moving in
either case. The PA function seems to operate ok, as does all other
functions.

I don't have a schematic for this thing - and was wondering if anyone had a
copy of it they could scan or whatever. The set doesn't "appear" to have
been modified other than the D8 ("possibly" cut).

OH and the finals are good.

Any ideas anyone can lend on the cure of this, would be good too. Never
seen this issue before. I HATE not having a schematic. That is the biggest
pain in the ass I can think of in this field.

TIA and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old December 26th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 24, 10:47*pm, "radiosrfun" wrote:
[...]

Please wait until January 1st before making repairs on this radio.
That way, you'll certainly be a top contender for the "2008 Golden
Screwdriver" award... lol
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old December 26th 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
[...]

DUDE - GO **** YOURSELF.

It just happens, "I" DO NOT do "mods" and had to familiarize myself with one
which was in it. Once I found that info on line - plus the schematic, I got
the thing fixed - in about 5 minutes actually. And someone did have their
fingers in there - their so-called mods were ****ed up at best.

At least "I" am not spamming the group with bull**** almost daily like
you've been known to do.

PLONK!

Old December 26th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

radiosrfun wrote:
[...]

Hello Radiosfun:

Thats just Brian being himself, pity to have unfriendly stuff posted on
Christmas Day. You got the right idea to plonk him out.

Its amazing why he would target such unfriendly attitude towards the
very people who he wants to sell to?!?!?!?!?

Have a Happy and safe New Year.

Jay in the Mojave
Old December 26th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
radiosrfun wrote:
[...]

Ass holes like that are a dime a dozen. He doesn't bother me. I had a radio
with an issue - and "no" schematic. I hate wasting time on stuff without
one. Further - I'm not into "mods" - therefore I am not up on all those
tricks/circuits used. Even further - the issues with the radio were due to a
"screwed" up attempt to modify it. So the golden fingers/screwdriver wasn't
mine. I had gotten away from CB for a long while - into other areas - so I'm
also reacquainting my mind with them. When I was "really" into CB repairs -
Mods weren't quite the thing - yet. Around here - CB has almost died. Aside
from the truckers on the interstate a few miles away and those at the local
plant - the locals are few and far in between as opposed to years ago. The
radio is virtually DEAD - here.

You're right, his business approach "sucks". I wouldn't buy that garbage if
I was given a buy one - get one free.

Old December 26th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Around here - CB has almost died. Aside
from the truckers on the interstate a few miles away and those at the local
plant - the locals are few and far in between as opposed to years ago. The
radio is virtually DEAD - here.

Sounds like here. I had to get a ticket to find someone to talk to
besides the drivers and the no prick AH's tying up the channels.
Old December 27th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 26, 10:06*am, "radiosrfun" wrote:
"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in ...
radiosrfun wrote:
[...]

Hey radiosrfunwhenuhackem.
Doesn't change a thing... lol
You're still a "hack" that is up for the Golden Screwdriver award. The
only difference is that we may have to give the 2007 award... instead
of the 2008.
What a moroon... lol

Uniden BC 796 with all in the box Scan Da Bands Equipment 0 April 12th 06 06:36 PM
Uniden BC 796 with all Scan Da Bands Swap 0 April 12th 06 06:35 PM
uniden f/s Jerry Swap 0 October 16th 04 11:09 PM
FS: Uniden SPH-21 CDT Swap 0 December 4th 03 08:57 PM
FS: 2 Cb's for sale Sears Roadtalker and Uniden PC 76XL (older) john doe CB 0 August 4th 03 11:33 PM