Old February 8th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
RJ RJ is offline

Default Motorola Mocat with a D104 is it possible?

Can I hook up a D104 MIC to a Motorola Mocat? I seem to remeber
somewere that I had to add a disc cap in line to block the dc that
was going to the factory microphone.

Thanks in Advance

RJ
Old February 9th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

RJ wrote:
Can I hook up a D104 MIC to a Motorola Mocat? I seem to remeber
somewere that I had to add a disc cap in line to block the dc that
was going to the factory microphone.

Thanks in Advance

RJ

Hello RJ:

Any good tech or radio enthusiasts can put any mic on any radio.

The Motorola Radios use a buffer or slight pre-amp in the mic to up the
audio level a little. And yeah they shoot up I think around 8 volts DC
from the radio to the mic to run the pre-amp.

But a blocking capacitor can isolate the mic element from the 8 Volts
DC. But if the D-104 mic uses a pre-amp the 8 volts can power the pre-amp.

The older Motorola Commercial Mic's can be converted to work with the
Motorola CB radios. I have a old Motorola System 500 Mobile Radio. Its
stock as they come but it has the best noise canceling receiver I have
ever heard. Nothing like running down the freeway noise free and being
able to talk to all the locals on a noise free radio.

The commercial mic's will need a new shielded mic cord like in any other
CB radio. If the radio requires many wires to switched back and forth
for the PTT/Rec function then a relay can do all that being keyed from
the Mic's PTT swich. I had a really bitchen converted Motorola
Commercial Mic made for my system 500 mobile radio.
The stock CB Motorola Mic's where real fragile as the mic's dynamic coil
would mic would open

It took some doing but was worth it, as all the chicks though I was a
really bithcen guy. The guy's where afraid of me, as I had a "Book em
Danno" type Mic! Which could also be used as backup weapon. Hehhehehe

Jay in the Mojave

FA: MOTOROLA MOCAT - VINTAGE 40 CHANNEL CB RADIO notmeman Swap 0 April 4th 06 03:55 AM
D104 Kevin, WB5RUE CB 3 January 12th 05 08:05 PM
FS: D104 Mic Cencom Swap 0 September 21st 04 01:38 PM
D104 and the 706 PDRUNEN Homebrew 8 August 18th 04 01:49 AM
F.S D104 mic ws Swap 1 November 13th 03 03:15 AM