Old April 5th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Question about monitoring CB....

I have a programmable shortwave radio that gets 11 meters (the CB Band).

I notice the CB band is pretty quiet these days.

What channel would you suggest I program in to pick up the most activity?

Years ago 10 & 16 (or was it 19?) were the busiest as they were trucker
channels.

What channels are typically busiest?

Thanks!

Old April 7th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Radio Ron wrote:
I have a programmable shortwave radio that gets 11 meters (the CB Band).

I notice the CB band is pretty quiet these days.

What channel would you suggest I program in to pick up the most activity?

Years ago 10 & 16 (or was it 19?) were the busiest as they were trucker
channels.

What channels are typically busiest?

Thanks!

Most cheap SW radios don't have the sensitivity of any CB radio,
so you won't hear as well as a CB. Also, your antenna may not be
optimum for 11 meter receive. You can use anything to listen but
better results are obtained from a system resonant on your band
of interest. SWR is not important so listen. Resonance is.
If you want to hear locals, put your antenna up high.

Anyone Doing Any EAS Monitoring On 8.2 MHz ? RHF Shortwave 1 April 24th 07 10:44 AM
Monitoring Times Magazine reports on Omega One Radio...Proves Why Monitoring Times Is A Less-Than-Accurate News Source For Radio Hobbyists [email protected] General 4 November 6th 06 11:07 PM
Monitoring Times Magazine reports on Omega One Radio...Proves Why Monitoring Times Is A Less-Than-Accurate News Source For Radio Hobbyists [email protected] Policy 4 November 6th 06 11:07 PM
CHP monitoring BWL Scanner 1 February 16th 05 03:21 AM
Monitoring the US Coast Guard Question Dan Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 07:14 PM