Old June 9th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default TS 870

The bomb.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old June 9th 08, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jun 8, 11:28*pm, Steve wrote:
The bomb.

--
* * * * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/

ahhh, so it blows. like you.
Old June 9th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jun 9, 6:46*am, Steve wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Steve wrote:
The bomb.

Since I wasn't real familiar with it I went to see the blurb on
Universal's site. Looks like it must have been a real plum at one time,
wonder why it was discontinued.

Hello Bob.

Yeah good question on the discontinuation of it. I just traded an Ft 920
and some cash for an 870 Friday and I must say I've never had so many
unsolicited compliments on my audio. I'm running a W2IHY eg/noise gate with
an electrovoice 664 mic into it.

*The receive seems to be fairly hot on it as well, although I'm presently
*dealing with some severe powerline noise that the electric company has
*promised to look into.

Has many features in common with my IC-756P3, especially the DSP IF
filter section. I doubt my TS-2000 has the same selectivity, but then
it's mainly for 6, 2, .7 FM.

I'm not a big fan of DSP but this one works as well as any I've tried. They
all seem to distort the signal imo.

The Icom is my dedicated HF rig with an ANC-4 inline to try and knock
down some of the QRN around here.

I recently bought one of those ANC-4's to battle this powerline noise
problem and it helps a bit. I'm still playing with the outdoor noise
antenna, that seems to be the tricky part. What are you using for a noise
antenna, Bob?

--
* * * * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/

I bet the truckers all like how you sound now...getting any more
business in the stalls?