Old December 3rd 08, 10:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax Speech Processor

"Telstar Electronics" wrote...
"Rectifier" wrote...

His website claims that Mouser Electronics is a "partner." Searches on
Mouser for "Telstar" and "VoiceMax" return zero results. Hmm. . does
buying some parts from Mouser make them a "partner." If so, I'm a
"partner" with Mouser, too.

The dictionary defines partner as "One that is united or associated
with another or others in an activity or a sphere of common interest."
So yes, in your example... you would be a partner of Mouser.

BS.

Look a little further...
United: In agreement and acting together.
Associated: Connected with each other.
Partnership: Relationship in which two or more people, organizations
or countries work together.
(Collins)
Key terms are "connected", "agreement" and "relationship". These suggest
an existing and continuing link, discussions leading to the agreement and
more intimate knowledge of each other.

A partnership suggests commitment, usually in writing and signed by all
parties. It works both ways, with all partners having some say in the
activities - with goals, roles, policies, financial details, etc. defined in
the agreement. There will be continual contact between the partners,
allowing them to work together on issues.

Buying a product, using a service or paying fees to an organization is
simply a transaction. Once the sale is made, there is no further
connection between the two parties.
There was never a "relationship", they are unlikely to know anything
about you (or the business) or what you do.
You do NOT act together and in agreement. They decide what they will
stock and what they will charge, you decide what you will buy and what
you are willing to pay.
If the two happen to match, then what takes place is a transaction. At all
times, both parties remain independent.

Unless you and your suppliers have agreed to be "partners", are in
regular contact, work together on products or services and have
some agreement and commitment defining your roles - then you
are NOT partners.

Being "associated" with the wrong product or organization can cause an
organization to lose business, income or even investors and share-holders.
Some companies could go bust if that kind of thing were to happen. If
they had not agreed to the "association", they could sue the living crap
out of the person or organization who caused the losses.

The companies you name may say nothing now but, unless you have
their written agreement that they are "partners" and that their name can
be associated with you and your product, they could suddenly decide
that you have harmed their brand.
Don't kid yourself that a small basement "business", with one cheap
product and an annual turnover below the minimum wage, will be seen
as a valuble advertising proposition.

Maybe, you could qualify the "partner" suggestion, or use a better term...
"Trading partners". This would still require some commitment between the
"partners" to trade with each other rather than shop around when they like.
"Our suppliers". Simple fact, right? Does not impact upon their reputation,
but can show that you use well known and reliable suppliers to ensure
the best products or turn around time.
"Our friends". Could be used for anyone who supplied you with information,
feedback or any other help free of charge. This could show that you have
secured good information, advice or designs.
"In association with". Be careful, as it suggests that contact took place and
agreement was reached. However, if you see some design, business or
other ideas somewhere - contact them and ask for advice or whether they
believe it suits your application. If they reply, agreeing that it does, is that
not now "designed in association with..."?
Personally, I would ask them for permission to use the term with their name
on the specified product... but you're the original one-and-only "Grifter Man".

Regards,
Peter.

Old December 3rd 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 3, 3:29*am, "Peter" wrote:
[...]

Peter... I never realized you were a corporate attorney...
Will you take my case when my partners take me to court?... lol
Old December 3rd 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 3, 9:57*am, Telstar Electronics
wrote:
On Dec 3, 3:29*am, "Peter" wrote:

[...]

Will you take my case when my partners take me to court?... lol- Hide quoted text -

I do love the way you make lemonaide man
Old December 7th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote...
Peter... I never realized you were a corporate attorney...
Will you take my case when my partners take me to court?... lol

Grifter man,

It does not take an attorney to understand a dictionary and know that a
"partnership" involves all partners agreeing to be part of it. Also, sole
traders, partnerships and companies (or corporations) are different
beasts. Sole trader and partnership businesses are very simple, they
have few simple rules - allowing anyone to earn a living.
I can start up as a sole trader right now, if I wish. With one or more
*willing* partners, I could start a partnership. I would not need to
register the business, I could do my own accounts and submit them, I
could change the business in any way I like at any time.

Trade marks, names, logos, designs, etc. are protected by Intellectual
Property rights, copyright, designs and patents laws.

But in case you really do believe that it's fine to use a trademark, name
or logo to imply association, try this...
http://www.bitlaw.com/internet/webpage.html
quote
Web page designers should avoid trademark usage that might cause
confusion among viewers as to the source or sponsorship of the web
page. Such use might well constitute trademark infringement.

trademark infringement occurs when one party utilizes the mark of
another in such a way as to create a likelihood of confusion, mistake
and/or deception with the consuming public. The confusion created
can be that the defendant's products or services are the same as that
of the plaintiff, or that the defendant is somehow associated, affiliated,
connected, approved, authorized or sponsored by trademark owner.
/quote

There are legal cases that hit the news, including ones for simply using a
trade name as a search keyword:
http://www.out-law.com/page-2446
http://www.out-law.com/page-5242
http://news.cnet.com/2100-1030_3-5564118.html
http://www.out-law.com/page-9638
quote
It says that the use of its marks enables M&S and Flowers Direct "to
free-ride upon the fame of the Trade Marks, thus conferring upon
themselves and/or their goods or services an unfair advantage over
the Claimants and/or other traders, and/or members of the public."
/quote
Other trademark owners consider that it causes confusion when someone
searches for them and gets some other Web site pop up. They find it
particularly annoying when it is a rival Web site :~)

There are also cases involving big names busting, such as Levi Strauss' and
Microsoft taking on Tesco (UK supermarket chain) to stop them from
selling their products cheap.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/11...ing_what_does/

Only this year, Alan-UK (Alan, Midland, Albrecht brands) have used
their rights over use of names to ban people from selling genuine products
through eBay and Amazon.
quote
"If any of our products from the Midland, Alan, Albrecht brand are
sold on either of these websites your account will be terminated
immediately. All listings of our range will be taken off of Ebay and
Amazon by Alan UK Ltd as we hold the IP Intellectual Property
Rights) for these brands."
/quote
http://www.alantrade.co.uk/
http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISA...erid=alanukltd

They claim that it is to protect the consumer, but many consumers believe
that it is to stop cheap sales, enhance the image of "quality" through price and
boost profit margin.
http://www.transmission1.co.uk/index...ewtopic&t=5996

But if you have agreed it with your "partners" that their brand or trade names
can be used as on your site, then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise,
if you do get your nads busted then you can blame nobody but yourself.

Regards,
Peter.

Old December 7th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 7, 5:29*am, "Peter" wrote:
"Telstar Electronics" wrote...
Peter... I never realized you were a corporate attorney...
Will you take my case when my partners take me to court?... lol

Grifter man,

It does not take an attorney to understand a dictionary and know that a
"partnership" involves all partners agreeing to be part of it.

you seem to be doing more than that ole boy

Old December 8th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 7, 3:35*pm, an_old_friend wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:29*am, "Peter" wrote:

"Telstar Electronics" wrote...
Peter... I never realized you were a corporate attorney...
Will you take my case when my partners take me to court?... lol

Grifter man,

It does not take an attorney to understand a dictionary and know that a
"partnership" involves all partners agreeing to be part of it.

you seem to be doing more than that ole boy

Peter is a frustrated attorney, electronic engineer, brain surgeon...
and a few more professions he knows nothing about... lol
Just humor him...
Old December 11th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Telstar Electronics wrote:

Peter is a frustrated attorney, electronic engineer, brain surgeon...
and a few more professions he knows nothing about... lol
Just humor him...

Brian, now you are just being silly.

I have NEVER claimed to be a brain surgeon, you made that up.
I have NEVER claimed to be an attorney, you also made that one up.
I AM qualified and experienced as an electronic engineer. I have
worked for manufacturers, service agents, retail chains and have run my
own business. I have the certificates to show my training and
qualifications
in electronics, computing and business.

You, on the other hand, claim to be an electrical engineer. But this
not the same as an electronic engineer and does NOT qualify a
person to do electronics work or design circuits for use in radio
equipment.
When, some time back, I offered to show you my qualifications if
you show me yours, you fell silent. I guess that you had nothing
to show.
Although someone else posted a link...

http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_173lo.jpg
Obviously, soldering was not part of any training you did.

You trade under the name of Telstar (there is another business with
that name), but you cannot make up your mind whether it is a business
or hobby.
I guess it's whatever suits your purpose at the time. When boasting or
trying to impress, it's a business. When defending the "pocket money"
income, it's just a hobby. Maybe, when it comes to guarantee and
trading laws, it's a hobby?

So please, Grifter, don't try misdirecting the attention from your own
deception by accusing other people of it. People who live in glass
houses...

Now, as for the original discussion...
I have given you the links which tell you, very clearly, the legal
situation.
All I did was suggest that you check with the companies involved, so
protecting yourself from possible legal action.
If you decide to ignore the facts, then you cannot cry like a baby and
claim that you did not know. These posts are cached and, should
someone feel it necessary, they may be used to prove that you knew.

It is interesting that, after I post links showing the the facts, you
launch
a personal attack on me. I guess those links must hurt, yet they should
not - they should help you to make sure you avoid the risk.

I have tried to be helpful by giving feedback, information and even
links to the information from an attorney Web site. I try to help you,
and you hit me with your handbag.
I guess that shows the attitude that customers can expect if they do
have problems with your products.

Regards,
Peter.
Old December 11th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"an_old_friend" wrote...

you seem to be doing more than that ole boy

What, like posting links to the information?

I gave some references, do yourself a favor and read them. They make
the legal situation extremely clear, which is probably what's bugging
you
and Brian.

What is is with you and Brian, do you not think he can speak for
himself? Are you suggesting that he should refer to organizations
as "partners" without their permission?

Maybe YOU should be the one he asks to defend him if he does
get in trouble, rather than the person who is encouraging him to
protect himself by making sure that he has permission first.

Regards,
Peter.
Old January 9th 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"an old friend" wrote...

why? the subject of those links is of no interest to me

You are interested enough to argue it on the group. So maybe you are just too
lazy to read, cannot read too well, or simply like to stick your fingers in your
ears and shout at people.

I will give some legal advice dispite not being a lawyer DON"T get
your legal help from Google

I think that you need to start off by learning to read...
http://www.bitlaw.com/
http://www.bitlaw.com/bnt/index.html
http://www.bitlaw.com/bnt/tysver.html
"Dan Tysver is a patent and copyright attorney"

That is NOT Google.

But I can see why you may hate Google. A search for the names you use on this group
certainly shows what you are.
Everwhere I see the name KB9RQZ, Mark Morgan or "an old friend", even gardening forums,
the same abuse is going on. Google is certainly not your friend.

I am not an antonrey

Clearly.
Your persistent trolling suggests that you have nothing to do all day but beg for
attention.

and I generaly avoid offering unsolicted legal advice

Apart from to say that you...
"suspect he within the law or close that he realy need not worry
about it".

Suspecting and being "close" to legal are not good enough, especially when real
attorneys say otherwise. But then it's not you or your business on the line, so you
really don't care if it all goes wrong.

Considering your troll status and obvious lack of authority to speak on behalf of
Brian or his business, I feel sure you will understand that you are not worth any
further time or effort.

Happy new year,
Peter.

Old January 10th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Peter" wrote:
"an old friend" wrote...

why? the subject of those links is of no interest to me

You are interested enough to argue it on the group.

Hello Peter,

Do you really want to "argue" with him? (bozo-bin him)

Happy New Year!

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

VoiceMax Speech Processor... Telstar Electronics Homebrew 42 August 2nd 09 12:14 PM
VoiceMax Speech Processor Peter CB 0 December 3rd 08 10:23 AM
VoiceMax Speech Processor... Telstar Electronics Equipment 36 July 31st 08 01:36 AM
VoiceMax Speech Processor... Telstar Electronics CB 1 May 15th 08 06:16 PM
VoiceMax Speech Processor... Telstar Electronics Equipment 0 March 19th 08 06:07 PM