Old August 4th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default long wire

no I mean long wire. 500' too long or not long enough for general band
coverage? (in a square) tx and rx

tia

Old August 5th 09, 10:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

In article , Steve
says...

no I mean long wire. 500' too long or not long enough for general band
coverage? (in a square) tx and rx

tia

What frequency do you want to cover? 500ft would be a full wavelength
antenna for 1.872 Mhz.

If you're wanting CB then 34' is all you need.

Google Delta Loop.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk
Old August 7th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Steve
says...

no I mean long wire. 500' too long or not long enough for general band
coverage? (in a square) tx and rx

tia

What frequency do you want to cover? 500ft would be a full wavelength
antenna for 1.872 Mhz.

If you're wanting CB then 34' is all you need.

Google Delta Loop.

Hello Conor,
Copy the 11 meter length for an antenna, I was thinking about running a
square horizontal
configuration of some sort and use it as a SW receive wire also, just for
S&G.

A buddy of mine runs a 250' square flat wire with a palstar tuner and it
works surprisingly well on 11 meters,
but somewhat directional. I have a 3 element flatside yagi now so I'm just
looking for an experimental wire
to wrap around part of the forest out back.

Thanks for the reply.

73
Steve

Old August 8th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

In article , Steve
says...

A buddy of mine runs a 250' square flat wire with a palstar tuner and it
works surprisingly well on 11 meters,
but somewhat directional. I have a 3 element flatside yagi now so I'm just
looking for an experimental wire
to wrap around part of the forest out back.

Thanks for the reply.

I think you'll find that only a bit of that is acting as the live wire.

Google Delta Loop.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk
looking good either. - Scott Adams

Best wire for long wire antenna JERD Antenna 15 November 20th 07 11:11 AM
Need help... End-fed, long wire or ???? Woody Antenna 42 July 27th 07 07:21 PM
Long wire help Ron[_2_] Antenna 1 June 9th 07 09:51 PM
Wire Antenna Element s : Five Foot (5') Long -=V=- Fifty Foot (50') Long RHF Shortwave 0 October 16th 05 12:46 PM
Long Wire or Long Dipole JEFF UK Shortwave 16 January 28th 04 02:55 AM