Old January 15th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default overheard at burger king

On 1/14/10 22:16 , Lopez Gomez wrote:
wrote in news:a7987508-35dd-4588-8a0e-
:

I was at Burgwe King one day and overheard another guy talking about
his neighbor who keeps calling the cops and hoa on him every single
day for breaking the hoa rules.

He thought his blue car was okay since the hoa rules requires you must
have ONLY a blue car. No other colors or shades are allowed.

You obviously have a serious mental illness.

I'm not at all sure what you hope to accomplish in posting these wild
fabrications here. There is no doubt that many home owner associations have
absurd and onerous rules, but I can assure you that there is no HOA in
existence anywhere in this country that mandates that all residents must
drive cars of one exact shade of blue.

Did you know there ARE HOA's which tell you not only what color
your house may be painted on the outside, and from which vendor the
paint MUST be purchased (I lived in one in Northern Illinois), but
there are those that also specified what colors your house may be
painted on the INSIDE because opaque drapes are NOT permitted in the
community, and visible colors from the street must be maintained
according to the HOA Architectural Plan. (About 2 miles from me,
also in Northern Illinois.) This particular community also forbids
automobiles which do not fit in the attached garage, modification of
the garage to accomodate said vehicles, and parking the vehicle
outside of the garage after sundown.

They also tell you how you may mow your lawn, and what, if any,
grass may be planted on your property.

His point about the blue car, itself was absurd. But as an
example of absurdity, he's not so off the mark.

An HOA in Maryland required all copper awnings (themselves
installed for their maintenance free nature, and their rich patina
after weathering) to be painted every year, to be painted white, and
for the paint to be exclusively purchased from a single 'approved'
vendor. Violations of these practices were dealt with severely, with
fines, and other penalties. Including the inability to sell the
property in order to exit the community. The HOA had to sign off on
any sale, and the asking/selling price.

So, his point is well made by his absurd example.

And, as someone who worked for over 20 years in the transit industry, I
know for a certainty that NO HOA, anywhere, has the power to mandate who
may or may not ride on public transportation. In fact, any attempt to do so
would be a serious violation of federal civil rights laws.

Also, if a woman made a habit of "calling the cops every single day" to
complain about a neighbor who is not violating any law whatsoever, she (the
woman) would very quickly find HERSELF in jail, charged with harassment
and/or filing a false report. Law enforcement officers tend to take a
rather dim view of that sort of thing.

That doesn't stop it from happening. The Sheriff's Dept keeps a
unit on patrol in my neighborhood precisely for this reason.

Clearly you have a major persecution complex, and you really owe it to
yourself to seek competent psychiatric counseling.

That doesn't mean he's not got a point.

Old January 22nd 10, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in
:

Did you know there ARE HOA's which tell you not only what color
your house may be painted on the outside, and from which vendor the
paint MUST be purchased (I lived in one in Northern Illinois), but
there are those that also specified what colors your house may be
painted on the INSIDE because opaque drapes are NOT permitted in the
community, and visible colors from the street must be maintained
according to the HOA Architectural Plan. (About 2 miles from me,
also in Northern Illinois.) This particular community also forbids
automobiles which do not fit in the attached garage, modification of
the garage to accomodate said vehicles, and parking the vehicle
outside of the garage after sundown.

Oh yes, I'm well aware of the ridiculous and extreme regulations that some
HOA's set forth regarding the color of one's house, landscaping etc.

I am no fan of HOA's - I don't live in an HOA-controlled property myself,
and never would.

His point about the blue car, itself was absurd. But as an
example of absurdity, he's not so off the mark.

I'm all for speaking out against the extreme policies of HOA's and the
control freaks who run them - but when someone like "Radioguy" goes on and
on about HOA's in a way that makes himself look like a complete whackjob,
he discredits and diminishes the sane, rational people who try to fight
HOA's.

Old January 31st 10, 09:24 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Peter Maus View Post

I have lived in northern illinois ALL my life and think You are full of ****!!! And IF you are dumb enough to succumb to any HOA then YOU ARE A FOOL!!!!
n9zas