Old March 14th 11, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Need a CB

The last several trips, we have run into long delays etc from roadwork,
accidents etc. We could have routed around them if we had a heads up.
I've got a Teaberry that works great even if it is 40 years old.
But I don't want to put holes in our Ford Edge.
Also have to deal with all the static from the Ford.
What I want is the best radio and mount I can simply put in the back
floor or in the console between the front seats.
The windows are factory tint so I understand the antennas that you
simply tick on the window don't work well because of the tinting
and might even damage the radio.
Some recommended rigs would probably be appreciated by a lot of folks.
I've got a handheld Roadtek. Might as well give it to the kids.
Old March 14th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Lil Abner wrote:
The last several trips, we have run into long delays etc from roadwork,
accidents etc. We could have routed around them if we had a heads up.
I've got a Teaberry that works great even if it is 40 years old.
But I don't want to put holes in our Ford Edge.
Also have to deal with all the static from the Ford.
What I want is the best radio and mount I can simply put in the back
floor or in the console between the front seats.
The windows are factory tint so I understand the antennas that you
simply tick on the window don't work well because of the tinting
and might even damage the radio.
Some recommended rigs would probably be appreciated by a lot of folks.
I've got a handheld Roadtek. Might as well give it to the kids.

You might as well give up then. Small antennas and cheap radios
don't add up to much performance. I've found the sideband radios
have better noise filtering built in then AM only radios. AM only
radios are made real small. You can't win for losing...
Old March 14th 11, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:36:13 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

The last several trips, we have run into long delays etc from roadwork,
accidents etc. We could have routed around them if we had a heads up.
I've got a Teaberry that works great even if it is 40 years old.
But I don't want to put holes in our Ford Edge.
Also have to deal with all the static from the Ford.
What I want is the best radio and mount I can simply put in the back
floor or in the console between the front seats.
The windows are factory tint so I understand the antennas that you
simply tick on the window don't work well because of the tinting
and might even damage the radio.
Some recommended rigs would probably be appreciated by a lot of folks.
I've got a handheld Roadtek. Might as well give it to the kids.

The Cobra 29 has always been a decent radio. I've had a couple and have
never had any arguments. You can also get the version that has the weather
channels built in. Shop around. They generally sell for around $125.00

For an antenna, go with a rooftop magnetic mount.
Old March 21st 11, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

This sounds SPAMmy to me, or just a trojan horse site...

....I'm not clicking any links!