Old September 26th 11, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Freeband hopping?

10 meters sure was.

I've did Italy, Germany, Australia, Puerto Rico and a few in Brazil in about half an hour.

If you want to schedule a contact on 10 meters or Echolink, email me your call sign.
Sorry, I won't do freeband anymore or initiate DX on 11, however, if I'm talking local,
I won't be rude and ignore you on 11 meters if I hear you.

Old September 26th 11, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jason wrote:
You're full of horse sh*t. There hasn't been any DX for days. I think
you must have dreamed this.

It's no dream. Turn on your radio. Channel 19 was S9+ like it is
whenever the skip is running. The A index doesn't affect 10/11
as bad as it does the lower frequencies. Just look for lots of
'spots and the solar flux to be up in the 100's. I also made a
contact on the 12th to Chile. I'm not dreaming dood!

The A index is basically yesterdays K index. The K index is a prediction
of the solar perturbations for the day.

http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/propagation.html

Right now the solar flux is 169 and the K index is 2. I'm going out for more!

Old September 26th 11, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

You know what, I feel like a fool. One of the members of the household here
unscrewed the coax days ago and I didn't realize it. No wonder I haven't
been hearing anything. Please accept my apology. Jason

Old September 26th 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jason wrote:
You know what, I feel like a fool. One of the members of the household
here unscrewed the coax days ago and I didn't realize it. No wonder I
haven't been hearing anything. Please accept my apology. Jason

Dodo occurs. Hope you didn't key up with no antenna. By the time I got
back out to play, 10 and 11 had died. There's always tomorrow after work.

I made contact to Australia today. You didn't **** me off!

Old September 26th 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jason wrote:
You know what, I feel like a fool. One of the members of the household
here unscrewed the coax days ago and I didn't realize it. No wonder I
haven't been hearing anything. Please accept my apology. Jason

Dodo occurs. Hope you didn't key up with no antenna. By the time I got
back out to play, 10 and 11 had died. There's always tomorrow after work.

I made contact to Australia today. You didn't **** me off!

Good. And congrats on Australia. What frequency was it? What radio are
you using, Scott?

No, I usually just leave the radio on with the squelch up a little almost
all the time. I guess when some other members of the family here decided to
clean, they unhooked and moved the radio while I was at work. They did this
on Mon and I never discovered the coax on the floor until tonight. No key
ups as I thought the bands were dead. I usually monitor 10, 11 and
sometimes 12.

Jason

Old September 26th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jason wrote:

What frequency was it? What radio are you using?

Right above the techie portion on 28.510. I'm using
my old 2950 and I couldn't take being semi-QRP, so I
brought out my 2x455 box. I turn the RF on the radio
all the way down and use the low setting on the box.
Puts me up at the 100 watt level. The antenna is a
Wilson 1000 this week. It's a beater car so I'm drilling.
Got my NOS ball mount from 1994, some new RG-8X and
one of my Firestik KW-7's and I'm gonna rock & roll!
These Firestiks have talked on 3 previous vehicles.
Time for #4...
Old September 27th 11, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

10 was hopping again today. You should have made some contacts
now that your antanner is connected.