Old January 7th 13, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default ban on cb radio in ontario

this seems to make me mad and i have contacted the mto
Old January 8th 13, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 1/7/2013 2:30 PM, CB RAMBO wrote:
this seems to make me mad and i have contacted the mto

It's all your fault. You kept complaining and they took care of the problem!
Old January 12th 13, 01:35 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Baltimore[_3_] View Post
On 1/7/2013 2:30 PM, CB RAMBO wrote:
this seems to make me mad and i have contacted the mto

It's all your fault. You kept complaining and they took care of the problem!
They didn't ban CB radio's, they just banned their use while mobile...

At some point, you have to put those childish things away and grow up.

If you do a little research, you will find that although the ban includes CB radio, it does not include Amateur Radio - since Amateur Radio is a licensed radio service...

If you are smart enough to pass a 35 question / multiple guess test, you might be able to get an amateur radio license, and then you wouldn't have to worry about stupid stuff like that anymore...

http://www.todaystrucking.com/over-o...udes-cb-radios
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old January 16th 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 1/12/2013 8:35 AM, Channel Jumper wrote:

-

It's all your fault. You kept complaining and they took care of the
problem!

They didn't ban CB radio's, they just banned their use while mobile...

At some point, you have to put those childish things away and grow up.

If you do a little research, you will find that although the ban
includes CB radio, it does not include Amateur Radio - since Amateur
Radio is a licensed radio service...

If you are smart enough to pass a 35 question / multiple guess test, you
might be able to get an amateur radio license, and then you wouldn't
have to worry about stupid stuff like that anymore...

http://tinyurl.com/aj2fhd7

Duh, he's in Canada.

Old January 19th 13, 02:32 PM
Senior Member

Yes - I am familiar with the link.
http://www.todaystrucking.com/over-o...udes-cb-radios

If you read it again, no where in the link does it ever say anything about Amateur radio.
The reason why it does not say anything about amateur radio is because Amateur Radio is a licensed radio service - which serves a legitimate purpose - emergency communications.

The police, firemen, ambulance all are emergency communications - hence if they impose sanctions on one - they would have to enforce it on all.
When a tornado strikes your town and blows your house and every other house for 5 miles away - no one is going to care if you are talking on your amateur radio or not.

But when the cell towers and the phone lines are down and the public service radio refuses to operate - Amateur Radio still works!

Why? - because we do not rely on the goverment to build and supply our repeaters and our system is so large, even if one portion of the system fails, we can just switch to another repeater / or use simplex and talk anywhere - line of sight, any time.

The reason why the government said also UHF / VHF radios is because there is frequencies allocated in the bandplan where it is allowed to operate on frequencies other then 27 mhz for buisness purposes.

Look at the trucks on Ice Road Truckers, they have a CB for their general communications and they have another radio with another channel number for their buisness communications.. The same is true on Deadliest Catch.
Look at all the different transcievers in the pilot house of the boats they fish with... HF / VHF / UHF / Sat phone - all throughout the ship.
You can even use FREE internet on the HF band if you are a amateur radio operator and the band conditions are right.

Amateur radio isn't just a bunch of X CB'rs that are sitting around / chewing the rag all day on a net.
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...

Old January 23rd 13, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 20:49:42 -0500, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:

On 1/7/2013 2:30 PM, CB RAMBO wrote:
this seems to make me mad and i have contacted the mto

It's all your fault. You kept complaining and they took care of the problem!

.................................................. ...........
In parts of new zealand we have a lot of braindead operators on uhf cb
talking dirty stuff.The local repeater needs to be shut down OR these
lowlife need to be visited one night.
I would love to own a repater with unual tones on it.That would
restrict a lot of people.Unfortuatly they are fairly expensive here to
set up and licence.There are some in China that can be had for
underNZ$1000.
I heard of a moron who was being an idiot in 2mtrs.He was visited and
was never heard of again.The police weren't even interested when he
made a complaint

[RAC-Bulletin] Notice to All Amateur Radio Operators in Ontario [email protected] Info 0 October 26th 11 05:52 AM
Kenora Ontario [email protected] Scanner 2 March 11th 06 09:13 PM
.SSD or .mem Files for SW Ontario? R & K Bilyea Scanner 1 September 21st 05 02:47 PM
Ontario frequencies Vance Scanner 2 August 26th 05 02:50 PM
Drake Radio Repair in Ontario ?? Bob Boatanchors 1 May 21st 04 01:38 AM