Old February 12th 15, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Cobra 29 WD NW ST problems

My Cobra has started acting funny. During a key down, I can hear a clicking noise. The background static is pulsing. And just noticed that I have receive even when the Mic is unplugged. Just noticed this after moving my Antron99 on a taller push pole. Had .5 swr before, now I have a 1.8 swr. Checked coax before raising mast and it was good. Any help would be appreciated.
Old February 19th 15, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 4:26:31 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My Cobra has started acting funny. During a key down, I can hear a clicking noise. The background static is pulsing. And just noticed that I have receive even when the Mic is unplugged. Just noticed this after moving my Antron99 on a taller push pole. Had .5 swr before, now I have a 1.8 swr. Checked coax before raising mast and it was good. Any help would be appreciated.

Your radio is Electronic switching. I cannot remember. One of the PNP transistors

is the transistor that controls switching back and forth. Probably that.

Best John