Old May 24th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default HIGH SWR

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?
Old May 25th 20, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:44:56 GMT
"C B. Help Line" wrote:

eddie nazario wrote in
:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i
got my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very
good SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question
is since FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Hi Eddie, radio needs cleaning.

This is a know problem with the Ranger RCI2970N4. What you need to do
is remove the radio from the 12 volt power supply and plug it
directly into a wall outlet (110 volts.) This should blow the
cob-webs out of the radio and blow out a few other things too.

When you see smoke, clean-up is complete. Disconnet from power.

P.S. Don't touch the antenna during the cleaning process.

Good question, happy to help.

CB Tech

Dont listen to this faggot he sucks dicks

Old November 21st 20, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

eddie nazario writes:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got
my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good
SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since
FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Ranger RCI-2970N4 only shows SWR when in AM mode. So even if it does not
show anything in FM mode SWR is still high. Use external SWR meter to
make sure.
Old November 23rd 20, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

In article , Nomen Nescio wrote:
eddie nazario writes:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got
my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good
SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since
FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Ranger RCI-2970N4 only shows SWR when in AM mode. So even if it does not
show anything in FM mode SWR is still high. Use external SWR meter to
make sure.

Now that's a Big 10-4

Old December 5th 20, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 4:28:16 p.m. UTC-5, Nomen Nescio wrote:
eddie nazario writes:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got
my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good
SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since
FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Ranger RCI-2970N4 only shows SWR when in AM mode. So even if it does not
show anything in FM mode SWR is still high. Use external SWR meter to
make sure.

look ****ing asshole....you started it

RUBBER DUCK

[QRZ] Help with High SWR QRZ.com via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Antenna 0 April 8th 19 09:58 AM
Help High swr Saffer Antenna 12 November 1st 10 12:11 AM
? 'Kchibo' Model KK-225 "High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio ?Degen Model DE303 "High Sensitivity" AM/FM Stereo Pocket Radio ? RHF Shortwave 2 December 31st 07 02:48 PM
Need help with high SWR Vinnie S. CB 21 February 15th 05 08:49 PM
Wanted- Used Motorola UHF JT1000 High Split (470-520mhz), & a used Syntor X-9000 UHF High-Split Joe11426 Swap 0 November 5th 03 06:12 AM