Old May 24th 20, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default HIGH SWR

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Old May 24th 20, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

eddie nazario wrote in
:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i got my
antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very good SWR's
but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question is since FM swrs
are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Hi Eddie, radio needs cleaning.

This is a know problem with the Ranger RCI2970N4. What you need to do
is remove the radio from the 12 volt power supply and plug it directly into
a wall outlet (110 volts.) This should blow the cob-webs out of the radio
and blow out a few other things too.

When you see smoke, clean-up is complete. Disconnet from power.

P.S. Don't touch the antenna during the cleaning process.

Good question, happy to help.

CB Tech
Old May 25th 20, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:44:56 GMT
"C B. Help Line" wrote:

eddie nazario wrote in
:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i
got my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very
good SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question
is since FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Hi Eddie, radio needs cleaning.

This is a know problem with the Ranger RCI2970N4. What you need to do
is remove the radio from the 12 volt power supply and plug it
directly into a wall outlet (110 volts.) This should blow the
cob-webs out of the radio and blow out a few other things too.

When you see smoke, clean-up is complete. Disconnet from power.

P.S. Don't touch the antenna during the cleaning process.

Good question, happy to help.

CB Tech

Dont listen to this faggot he sucks dicks

[QRZ] Help with High SWR QRZ.com via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Antenna 0 April 8th 19 09:58 AM
Help High swr Saffer Antenna 12 October 31st 10 11:11 PM
? 'Kchibo' Model KK-225 "High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio ?Degen Model DE303 "High Sensitivity" AM/FM Stereo Pocket Radio ? RHF Shortwave 2 December 31st 07 01:48 PM
Need help with high SWR Vinnie S. CB 21 February 15th 05 07:49 PM
Wanted- Used Motorola UHF JT1000 High Split (470-520mhz), & a used Syntor X-9000 UHF High-Split Joe11426 Swap 0 November 5th 03 05:12 AM