Old July 9th 03, 01:07 PM
John Henry

Default Set up on Off-road rig

Hi, I originally bought this cheap set up as something to just work
offroad, but now I desire more on the highway. I currently have a
cheapy Maxon 30 (mobile walmart special) and the $20 3 foot whip mag
mount Rat Shack special. How does a ground plane work? Does it need to
contact the metal on the roof or just be above it? Ive considered
mounting it to my roof rack, but am not clear on how ground plane
works. Will going to a more expensive radio help alot, and are base
loaded antennas (like k40) any better then a plain whip? Thanks in
advance for help with all these questions. (I have tuned the antenna
to less then 1.5 SWR on all 40 channels in current set up)

TJ

FA: TURNER-TELEX "ROAD KING 56" NOISE CANCELING MIKE>1-day RLucch2098 Equipment 0 July 10th 04 02:45 PM
FA: $10.50 TURNER-TELEX "ROAD KING 56" NOISE CANCELING MIKE RLucch2098 Equipment 0 July 6th 04 06:35 PM
Road static? John Smith Antenna 19 January 11th 04 03:55 PM
2 meter for Off road race car? scott Equipment 4 December 29th 03 02:54 PM
2 meter for Off road race car? scott Equipment 0 December 27th 03 02:43 AM