RadioBanter

-   -   recomended antenna for CB in a boat (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/29343-recomended-antenna-cb-boat.html)

bobinphx July 10th 03 06:01 AM

recomended antenna for CB in a boat

Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old) ...
I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

Bob

Trainfan1 July 11th 03 01:14 AM

"bobinphx" wrote in message
Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old)

I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

Check these guys out...:

http://www.alfenterprises.com/cb_rad...s/noground.htm

Rob
*
*
*

Scott Unit 69 July 11th 03 07:37 AM

norman west wrote:

the best antenna you can buy is 39 inches long black fiberglass
handles 500 watts no ground needed it's called the SUPERLANCE

On Wednesday, you were looking for one. Tonight, you're recommending
it highly. Did you get one? Have you actually USED it?

A 39 inch, no GP antenna is as worthless as a thru-glass cellular look-alike at 27 MHz.

Report your findings on this antenna to us after you waste your money.
We'd all like a laugh...

July 11th 03 05:40 PM

"bobinphx" wrote in message
Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old)

I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

SHAKESPEARE make a line of excellent CB marine antennas. Just check any of
your better marine/boating supply houses.

sheik yerbooti July 12th 03 03:11 AM

wrote in message

6 for 6

[email protected] July 12th 03 03:16 AM

"sheik yerbooti" wrote:
wrote in message

6 for 6

Replies to you? I was hoping you would stop being an asshole.
Spose dat's expectin' too much..

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Scott Unit 69 July 12th 03 08:41 PM

Jim Hampton wrote:

At the very left side of your keyboard, three keys above a key labeled
'ctrl' is a key labeled 'Caps Lock'. Press it once and ensure the little
light labeled 'Caps Lock' goes out. Now you'll be all set :)

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim
(btw, at 2200 feet, you have more than a 66 mile range to radio horizon.
Yes, a handheld with a rubber duckie should make it 66 miles and more from
your location)

Don't worry, Jim, that was a definite LMMFAO!!! I'm still laughing...

pleco July 13th 03 07:36 PM

"sheik yerbooti" wrote in message ...
I am a Queer

We already knew that.

pleco July 14th 03 02:10 AM

(pleco) wrote in message om...
"sheik yerbooti" wrote in message ...
I am a Queer

We already knew that.

We? Got a turd in your mouth? You don't know much queer boy, I'm a "cracker"