Old July 10th 03, 06:01 AM
bobinphx

Default recomended antenna for CB in a boat

Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old) ...
I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

Bob

Old July 11th 03, 01:14 AM
Trainfan1

"bobinphx" wrote in message
Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old)

I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

Check these guys out...:

http://www.alfenterprises.com/cb_rad...s/noground.htm

Rob
*
*
*

Old July 11th 03, 07:37 AM
Scott Unit 69

norman west wrote:

the best antenna you can buy is 39 inches long black fiberglass
handles 500 watts no ground needed it's called the SUPERLANCE

On Wednesday, you were looking for one. Tonight, you're recommending
it highly. Did you get one? Have you actually USED it?

A 39 inch, no GP antenna is as worthless as a thru-glass cellular look-alike at 27 MHz.

Report your findings on this antenna to us after you waste your money.
We'd all like a laugh...
Old July 11th 03, 05:40 PM

"bobinphx" wrote in message
Working on my brothers boat, a 16.5 foot outboard trihull (yes its old)

I am unsure of what antenna will work... Mag mount is out,, due to
fiberglass hull and I dont know how to setup a "normal" antenna to work
correctly... any suggestions as to ground return or no ground antennas...
This will be a normal 40 channel am only radio... NOTHING extra..

SHAKESPEARE make a line of excellent CB marine antennas. Just check any of
your better marine/boating supply houses.

Old July 12th 03, 03:11 AM
sheik yerbooti

wrote in message

6 for 6

Old July 12th 03, 03:16 AM

"sheik yerbooti" wrote:
wrote in message

6 for 6

Replies to you? I was hoping you would stop being an asshole.
Spose dat's expectin' too much..

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old July 12th 03, 08:41 PM
Scott Unit 69

Jim Hampton wrote:

At the very left side of your keyboard, three keys above a key labeled
'ctrl' is a key labeled 'Caps Lock'. Press it once and ensure the little
light labeled 'Caps Lock' goes out. Now you'll be all set

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim
(btw, at 2200 feet, you have more than a 66 mile range to radio horizon.
Yes, a handheld with a rubber duckie should make it 66 miles and more from
your location)

Don't worry, Jim, that was a definite LMMFAO!!! I'm still laughing...
Old July 13th 03, 07:36 PM
pleco

"sheik yerbooti" wrote in message ...
I am a Queer