Old July 18th 03, 12:07 AM
T. G.

Default Antenna Recommendations Needed

Hi All

I own a couple of 5-watt CB walkie-talkies. I would like to connect an
indoor ground plane antenna to one of them, and an AM/FM/CB car antenna
to the other. Any recommendations? (Please include make and model
number, price range, and where they can be purchased.) Thanks.

T.G.

Old July 18th 03, 12:49 AM
Scott Unit 69

"T. G." wrote:

Hi All

I own a couple of 5-watt CB walkie-talkies. I would like to connect an
indoor ground plane antenna to one of them, and an AM/FM/CB car antenna
to the other. Any recommendations? (Please include make and model
number, price range, and where they can be purchased.) Thanks.

T.G.

Any indoor antenna is limited as to range, and a combo
AM/FM/CB car antenna also sucks. Combine the two factors,
and you will regret the money you spent.

27 MHz does not carry well with small or short low antennas.
If you can't use a rooftop antenna on your house, and a decent
magmount on the car, you should look into MURS (VHF) for a
local solution. MURS' proximity to 2 meters allows for a
wide range of ready-made antennas with little or no tuning.
(Shorter, too, as 27 MHz is 8.5 feet for a 1/4 wave and 151
MHz is about 18.5 inches for a 1/4 wave.)