Old July 19th 03, 11:38 PM
Chris

Default Commander 350 HD question

Recently a friend gave me a Commander 350 HD Class AB Linear Amplifier.
Supposedly it's a 350 watt amp, which seems like an awful lot.
I'm interested in knowing if it is only suitable for CB or for other ham
frequencies (I am a licenced ham).
I haven't been able to find any specs or much info on it at all on the Web.
Would anyone have a manual available or any info about this unit?
I would appriciate it.

Old July 21st 03, 05:05 AM
Micro-Flight

If it doesn't not have any harmonic filters in it then don't use it on the
Ham bands. You'll create allot of harmonics that will have you transmitting
on the frequency you intended and others you didn't.

With a name like Commander 350, it sounds like just an 10M amp.

Regards,
Robert VE3RPF

Old July 30th 03, 07:49 AM
Chris

Thanks.
Any idea how many watts it will put out?

Unknown wrote in message
. ..
Made by palomar.
Mainly for 11 Meters.