Old August 4th 03, 12:56 PM
graeme

Default burner problems

When i press the transmit button on my cb rig the burner rapidly
clicks on ans off and doesnt transmit. The only problem i can think of
is that it might be something to do with the power supply which i have
recently changed. My radio is an amstrad 901 and the burner is a
zetagi 50watts. I am also experiencing loss of signal power from
incoming signals when the burner is plugged in to my rig. CAN ANYONE
HELP WITH THIS FRUSTRATING PROBLEM.
Old August 5th 03, 08:19 AM
Brainbuster

graeme wrote in message .. .
When i press the transmit button on my cb rig the burner rapidly
clicks on ans off and doesnt transmit. The only problem i can think of
is that it might be something to do with the power supply which i have
recently changed. My radio is an amstrad 901 and the burner is a
zetagi 50watts.

Hi Graeme.

This happens when the coax connections are crossed over.
Check that the radio is connected to the TX socket and the antenna is
connected to the "ANT" socket (the amp output.

Another possibility is the power supply, specially if it has a current
limit. What power supply are you using, what is the rated current?

I am also experiencing loss of signal power from
incoming signals when the burner is plugged in to my rig.

If the amp is connected correctly, and the loss of signal is still quite
high, then either the amp or the patch lead being used may be faulty.
Is the amp new, or "pre-owned" (I like that term, used by some stores).

You should be aware that the use of a "burner" is illegal, and improving the
antenna is a better way of getting real gain. What antenna are you using,
can that be improved?

Regards,

Peter.

Old August 5th 03, 10:27 AM
graeme

Do you have the coax screwed in to the right holes?

Yes i have the coax screwed into the right holes as shown in the manual.