Old August 8th 03, 06:19 PM
dont eat those big macs fatty

Default above channel 30 ssb only..?

I'd be curious to know the implied band plan for CB in your area. Here's
how it stacks up on the West Coast.

Channel(s) Mode Notes
1-5 AM Conventional CB operation
6 AM (almost useless) "The Bowl" *
7-8 AM conventional AM operation
9 AM Nation wide emergency channel **
10-14 AM conventional AM operation
15-16 SSB Used for SSB in 23 channel days ***
17 AM West Coast Truckers Channel ****
18 AM conventional AM operation
19 AM Implied nationwide Truckers Channel
20-30 AM conventional AM operation
31 AM/SSB The AM/SSB mode "property line"
32-40 SSB SSB operation for the most part *****

* Some undefined language is used on "The Bowl"
** Anyone actually listening to channel 9?
*** 16 lsb was a popular "call frequency" in 23 channel days
**** 17 is the most popular truckers channel on the west coast
***** The SSB mode "channel masters" chase AM people off 32-40

cheers
skipp
http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
Old August 10th 03, 03:02 AM

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:19:26 +0000 (UTC), dont eat those big macs fatty
wrote:

[...]

6 Tuneup channel?, Foreign language channel?
9 Emergency
16 SSB channel (23 channel radios)
19 Truckers, mobile to mobile
35 - 40 SSB
All others channels AM

Old August 10th 03, 05:22 AM
sideband

Earl Johnston wrote:

Here in Eastern Canada, channel 1 is the one used by truckers.

You mean except for in quebec, where they use channel 24 and bleed all
over the spectrum. It's interesting to roll down the road, hear
massive bleedover, then notice that you're coming up on a Transport
Robert or one of the other Quebecois companies, and know that they're
up on channel 24... A less polite person would drop a 1500 watt
carrier on them and teach 'em a lesson, because lord knows they just
won't listen to anyone who speaks English..

-SSB

Old August 10th 03, 03:05 PM
Train

wrote:

I'd be curious to know the implied band plan for CB in your area.

...snip....
17 AM West Coast Truckers Channel ****
19 AM Implied nationwide Truckers Channel

...snip...

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:02:12 -0400, wrote:

...snip...
19 Truckers, mobile to mobile

...snip...

Here in Eastern Canada, channel 1 is the one used by truckers.

This may be so, but they speak French and can therefore go **** themselves!
Train

Old August 11th 03, 03:50 PM
Steve Phillips

I am in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Around here when they went to 40 channels the deal was supposed to be 35-40
SSB only. And I think they still kept 16 for SSB at that time but I never
hear anyone on SSB there these days.

Many people do not respect that. Truckers often just show up on AM on those
channels and start talking without checking if anyone is there. With their
squelched maxed out it is difficult to let hem know there is a QSO going on.

19 is where truckers generally are.

The dump trucks can be on different frequencies depending on the
company/project they are working for. They use at least channels 2, 3 and
24. I am not sure what else.

I am pretty well a sideband only guy.

If the sidebanders around here can't find a clear channel in the 35-40 range
they go above. Most sidebanders run radios capable of that.

Steve

Old August 11th 03, 05:42 PM
Scott Unit 69

Around here when they went to 40 channels the deal was supposed to be 35-40
SSB only. And I think they still kept 16 for SSB at that time but I never
hear anyone on SSB there these days.

I had heard 36 to 40.

Many people do not respect that. Truckers often just show up on AM on those
channels and start talking without checking if anyone is there. With their
squelched maxed out it is difficult to let hem know there is a QSO going on.

I'm right next to the highway. When they get by me, they know it!!!
I'll key up for 5 minutes straight talking about nothing on SSB.

I am pretty well a sideband only guy.

AM doesn't even exist, does it?
Old August 13th 03, 06:07 AM
R8500

Here's the band plan/usage in my area (Northern Utah):

Channel 1: Flying J Scale Channel
Channel 2: Dumptrucks
Channel 3: Unidentified trucking company
Channel 4: Dick Simon Trucking
Channel 5: Unidentified trucking company
Channel 6: The Bowl (when conditions permit, otherwise not used)
Channel 7: Spanish channel
Channel 8: Unidentified trucking company
Channel 9: Mostly used by idiots for chit chat because they are not aware it's
the national emergency channel
Channel 10: Neighborhood Watch Channel
Channel 11: Mini-Bowl
Channel 12: Unidentified trucking company
Channel 13: Used to be the local call channel, now dead except when used by
truckers
Channel 14: Unidentified trucking company
Channel 15: Schneider Trucking
Channel 16: Spanish channel
Channels 17-18: Mostly dead due to splatter from 19
Channel 19: Abuse channel
Channel 20: Test channel
Channel 21: ABF Freight
Channel 22: Smith's Food King drivers
Channel 23: R/C channel
Channels 24-35: Mostly dead
Channels 36-40: SSB when the DX is in,
otherwise local truckers are heard on 38 & 39. 40 has mostly fallen to the
AM'ers, DX or not.

73,
David

Subject: above channel 30 ssb only..?
From: dont eat those big macs fatty
Date: 8/8/03 11:19 AM Mountain Daylight Time

I'd be curious to know the implied band plan for CB in your area. Here's
how it stacks up on the West Coast.

Channel(s) Mode Notes
1-5 AM Conventional CB operation
6 AM (almost useless) "The Bowl" *
7-8 AM conventional AM operation
9 AM Nation wide emergency channel **
10-14 AM conventional AM operation
15-16 SSB Used for SSB in 23 channel days ***
17 AM West Coast Truckers Channel ****
18 AM conventional AM operation
19 AM Implied nationwide Truckers Channel
20-30 AM conventional AM operation
31 AM/SSB The AM/SSB mode "property line"
32-40 SSB SSB operation for the most part *****

*

FM Channel Spacing vs. Carrier Bandwidth vs. Audio Response Clueless Non-Amateur General 1 August 28th 04 12:27 PM
Channel Master choices John Antenna 0 May 4th 04 12:44 AM
UHF channel spacing,avoiding intermod Joel Dorfan Antenna 2 February 7th 04 11:31 AM
Need Help: Audio Channel David Stinson Digital 0 October 10th 03 03:05 PM
Need Help: Audio Channel David Stinson Homebrew 0 October 10th 03 03:05 PM