Old August 27th 03, 09:48 PM
CAT MAN DO

Default Looking For Decent Quality Handheld CB

I am looking for a reference for a mid line or slightly better
quality handleld CB. I just want to be able to keep in touch with
another vehicle that we will be traveling with. I have a mobile unit in
my vehicle but need a handheld for the other car. It would be preferable
to have the capability to attach a magmount antenna and a jack to power
it from the cigarette lighter. I imagine I could buy a toy
for pretty cheap but do not want a piece of junk. Just a guess but I am
hoping to get what I want for between $50 - $100.
I'm looking for a reccomendation for a make and model and also a
retailer where I could get a radio as soon as possible. An e-mail would
be great but you can also just post any info here. Thanks all.

Old August 28th 03, 12:46 AM
CAT MAN DO

I am curious if a pair of GMRS would serve the purpose just as well
or even better than the CB radios. What is a good brand of GMRS radios
to buy and what would the range of a good quality set of GMRS radios be
under good conditions (good line of sight) ? Thanks for any info. and
help.

Old August 31st 03, 09:33 PM
Dave or Debby

FORGET GMRS or ANY handhelds in a CAR ! Get a PRO-510 Uniden CB with a 3'
magnet mount CB antenna. This way you can talk to each other, AS WELL AS
get ROAD information (talking to the Truckers) that NONE of the ANTI-CB
posts didn't mention to you!

What I want to KNOW is WHERE in the world did you ever get the idea to use a
hand held CB in a car? Hand held means WALKING around with it OUTSIDE a
vehicle! Mobiles are for cars, Base Stations are for houses, and HAND
HELDS are for walkers or runners ! DON'T MIX them up !
I guess that's WHY I've been a CB shop for over 24
years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 31st 03, 09:38 PM
jim

"CAT MAN DO" wrote in message

I am looking for a reference for a mid line or slightly better
quality handleld CB. I just want to be able to keep in touch with
another vehicle that we will be traveling with. I have a mobile unit in
my vehicle but need a handheld for the other car. It would be preferable
to have the capability to attach a magmount antenna and a jack to power
it from the cigarette lighter. I imagine I could buy a toy
for pretty cheap but do not want a piece of junk. Just a guess but I am
hoping to get what I want for between $50 - $100.
I'm looking for a reccomendation for a make and model and also a
retailer where I could get a radio as soon as possible. An e-mail would
be great but you can also just post any info here. Thanks all.

i thought your header meant your procreation antics worked. whew....

Old September 1st 03, 04:58 AM
sideband

Musta been that word had too many syllables in it.

-SSB

Dave or Debby wrote:

What do you mean by that?

Old September 1st 03, 05:32 PM
serpent

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:33:07 -0400, "Dave or Debby"
wrote:

FORGET GMRS or ANY handhelds in a CAR ! Get a PRO-510 Uniden CB with a 3'
magnet mount CB antenna. This way you can talk to each other, AS WELL AS
get ROAD information (talking to the Truckers) that NONE of the ANTI-CB
posts didn't mention to you!

What I want to KNOW is WHERE in the world did you ever get the idea to use a
hand held CB in a car? Hand held means WALKING around with it OUTSIDE a
vehicle! Mobiles are for cars, Base Stations are for houses, and HAND
HELDS are for walkers or runners ! DON'T MIX them up !
I guess that's WHY I've been a CB shop for over 24
years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you call your CB shop, Daves Walmart? You already admitted
your to damn dumb to fix the new radios. so you just sell them.
Old September 1st 03, 05:39 PM
serpent

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:53:15 -0400, "Dave or Debby"
wrote:

What do you mean by that?
"jim" wrote in message

i thought your header meant your procreation antics worked. whew....

He meant that you evolved from an ape.