Old September 26th 03, 09:30 PM
Mark

Default Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!!

Hi,
I have been given a Cobra 148GTL-DX. It is old but seems to be in
working condition. It has the following knobs in addition to the normal
volume/squelch etc.

1) BAND - Low mid and Hi.
2) Another knob labelled:- CW,FM,AM,USB,LSB.
3) a FINE AND COARSE CONTROL.

The cb has its own swr meter also.

Questions:-

a) Can I use this at all on any of the GB or EURO FM Bands?? (I seem to
remember many years back certain AM channels crossed over to FM ones???)

b) If a) above is not possible is it fit only for the bin or are there
further bands/channels that would be of use to explore.

c) Yes I do realise this is not a "Legal CB"

d) My main reason for using this is to give it to a mate as we will be
driving to Italy shortly and I have a standard new Cobra 29 LTD (Great rig
by the way) so even if I could only get a few channels to work between cars
with normal 4 watt distance limitations that would be fantastic.

Thank you for any replies.

Regards
Mark (GB)

WANTED: Cobra SR-15 handheld scanner K5DH Equipment 0 February 6th 04 01:29 PM
Wanted: COBRA SR-15 handheld scanner K5DH Equipment 0 January 29th 04 02:05 PM
Old 23 Ch. Cobra 29 ?? Johnny CB 0 September 6th 03 06:20 AM
WTB COBRA 66 LTD Dave Bushong General 1 August 1st 03 03:12 AM
FA** Cobra 2000GTL W/extras TRAMD300 CB 32 July 19th 03 04:53 AM