Old October 23rd 03, 09:37 PM
lancer

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:35:22 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:13:44 GMT, lancer wrote:

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:57:53 -0400,
wrote:

So you think the coils do nothing? Me too.

If you are not a keyclown why are you so interested in a 15,000 watt antenna?

Just a curiosity.

Originally I never bought in to the belief that such a short antenna
could out do what I thought was the best antenna. I always assumed
that the full size 102"SS whip was as good as it gets.

After hearing this nonsense about these short antennas I inquired
about what this antenna was and where I could get it. I was determined
to un validate any claims that a shorter antenna could out do the 102"
SS. I was told one of these antennas was the X-Terminator. I ordered
one for testing.

After setting up a valid way of testing it I was surprised at the
results and posted them. It's to bad some can't stand the thought
that a shorter antenna can out do a longer one. It must disrupt
and totally disorganize their supposedly organized way of thinking.

How long is that antenna? (X-Terminator)

Starting from the base..................

9.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then a 9 turn coil 7.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in outside
diameter.

Then 3.75 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the second coil of 5 turns, 4.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in
outside diameter.

Then 5.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the stinger of Stainless steel. 32 inches by 3/32 of an inch.

The coils are 5/16 inch chrome plated tubing.

Total length = 62.75 inches

Thanks, should be fun to play with.
Old October 23rd 03, 10:02 PM

How long is that antenna? (X-Terminator)

Starting from the base..................

9.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then a 9 turn coil 7.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in outside
diameter.

Then 3.75 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the second coil of 5 turns, 4.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in
outside diameter.

Then 5.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the stinger of Stainless steel. 32 inches by 3/32 of an inch.

The coils are 5/16 inch chrome plated tubing.

Total length = 62.75 inches

You don't even know how to measure the antenna, for the coils give him
the I.D. and the number of turns, not the overall length of the coil
wire, and od.

So I don't include the length of a coil? I take it that a coil of 9
turns 5 inches long is the same as a coil of 9 turns 10 inches long?
You may want to do a little thinking before you post the next time.

Regardless I did give him the ID. If you can't figure out the ID by
the info I gave then you are the one that doesn't have a clue.

The coil gauge is also needed...........So go back to your beer.
You seem to have a better grip of that.

I could of given him the pitch of the coil but that would of totally
confused you. You seem to be confused enough.

Have a confused day
Tnom
Old October 24th 03, 01:11 AM
Lancer

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:23:26 -0500, Neil Down
wrote:

"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote in
:

I wish someone who knew what they were talking about would tell the
truth about this antenna.There is enough BS on this group as it is
without more myths being spread.

The funniest part this antenna is made by workman it is junk, the coils are
low Q.

LOL

Old October 24th 03, 01:57 AM
Steveo

lancer wrote:
Give me something to do tomorrow, being Friday.

OH BOY!

Old October 24th 03, 02:40 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , "(Scott Unit 69)"

[...]

I agree. If anyone has one of those beasts in my area I would be more than happy
to run some legitimate field tests that anyone is welcome to witness.

Old October 24th 03, 03:25 AM

On 24 Oct 2003 01:00:25 GMT, Steveo

[...]

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Old October 24th 03, 03:36 AM

How long is that antenna? (X-Terminator)

Starting from the base..................

9.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then a 9 turn coil 7.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in outside
diameter.

Then 3.75 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the second coil of 5 turns, 4.5 inches long by 2.625 inches in
outside diameter.

Then 5.5 inches of 1/2 inch chrome plated brass.

Then the stinger of Stainless steel. 32 inches by 3/32 of an inch.

The coils are 5/16 inch chrome plated tubing.

Total length = 62.75 inches

Snip
If you can't figure out the ID by
the info I gave then you are the one that doesn't have a clue.

You didn't give the correct info face the facts. How do you figure the id
when no wire guage is given? Either way you have no idea what the coil
does then if your giving him it in length, plain and simple.

Snip

I'm not even going to bother responding to most of your post. You have
confirmed your confusion by the above comment. Should I spell it out
for you?

The ID is figureable by the dimensions I gave. Just as I said it was.

Given info.................OD= 2.625
Given info................The coils is made of 5/16 tubing.

ID = OD - 2 x 5/16 Duhhhhhhhhhhhh

ID = 2.625 - 10/16

ID = 2.625 - .625

ID = 2