Old October 24th 03, 03:55 AM

On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Old October 24th 03, 04:31 AM
(Scott Unit 69)

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Is this one ok ?

$36.95 SP-5000 X-Terminator V, 1000 Watt Single Open air coil, 1/8"
square Copper wire, 70 inch overall length.

That's not the same one as Tnom is pushing.

Old October 24th 03, 04:44 AM
Steveo

"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Is this one ok ?

$36.95 SP-5000 X-Terminator V, 1000 Watt Single Open air coil, 1/8"
square Copper wire, 70 inch overall length.

That's not the same one as Tnom is pushing.

Which one is Tnom 'pushing'?
Old October 24th 03, 05:43 AM
Steveo

"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Is this one ok ?

$36.95 SP-5000 X-Terminator V, 1000 Watt Single Open air coil,
1/8" square Copper wire, 70 inch overall length.

That's not the same one as Tnom is pushing.

Which one is Tnom 'pushing'?

$53.95** SP-2000 X-Terminator II, 15,000 Watt dual open air coil.

It is junk, marketed by BS. Can't wait until someone debunks it.

Hmm.. I value Tnom's opinion too. $54 ain't much for a **** brickhouse.

If he says it talks and hears, who am I to argue?

Old October 24th 03, 07:06 AM
(Scott Unit 69)

Steveo wrote:
"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Is this one ok ?

$36.95 SP-5000 X-Terminator V, 1000 Watt Single Open air coil,
1/8" square Copper wire, 70 inch overall length.

That's not the same one as Tnom is pushing.

Which one is Tnom 'pushing'?

$53.95** SP-2000 X-Terminator II, 15,000 Watt dual open air coil.

It is junk, marketed by BS. Can't wait until someone debunks it.

Hmm.. I value Tnom's opinion too. $54 ain't much for a **** brickhouse.

If he says it talks and hears, who am I to argue?

But what about what Frank said? You know Tnom's test was a sham. I just don't
like to see people get cheated.

Old October 24th 03, 07:15 AM
Steveo

"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"(Scott Unit 69)" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On 24 Oct 2003 02:52:14 GMT, Steveo

Ok Tnom, You've peaked my interest. URL?

I think bills two way sells them?

Who makes it?

Workman?

Is this one ok ?

$36.95 SP-5000 X-Terminator V, 1000 Watt Single Open air coil,
1/8" square Copper wire, 70 inch overall length.

That's not the same one as Tnom is pushing.

Which one is Tnom 'pushing'?

$53.95** SP-2000 X-Terminator II, 15,000 Watt dual open air coil.

It is junk, marketed by BS. Can't wait until someone debunks it.

Hmm.. I value Tnom's opinion too. $54 ain't much for a **** brickhouse.

If he says it talks and hears, who am I to argue?

But what about what Frank said? You know Tnom's test was a sham. I just
don't like to see people get cheated.

I agree with the getting cheated.
Old October 24th 03, 04:48 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , "(Scott Unit 69)"
wrote:

snip

But what about what Frank said? You know Tnom's test was a sham. I just don't
like to see people get cheated.

The X-terminator's coils work out to 1.27 uH for the 9 turn coil and 0.60 for
the 5 turn coil. The values of the coils and their positions on the shaft are
consistent with the design of a center-loaded vertical.

For those that don't already know, a loading coil is used to shorten an antenna
while still keeping it's electrical length at 1/4 wavelength. But the antenna is
necessarily less efficient because the coil radiates part of the power, and that
power is lost. Why is it lost? Using the X-terminator picture as an example, you
will see that the wire in the coil is oriented perpendicular to the antenna, so
any radiation from the coil is going to be horizontally polarized, while the
radiation from the antenna is vertically polarized. Some people might think
that's a plus because some people have horizontal antennas, but it's really
useless because it is radiated from 14 different wires (9 turns + 5 turns), and
none of them are in phase with each other. Since there is no receiver publically
available that can receive all those signals, put them back in phase with each
other and add them to the horizontal signal, the power radiated by the coil is
wasted. Nor can a receiver pick out just one signal from the fourteen. Even
worse, the coil concentrates the magnetic flux (just like any other coil) and
directs it right at the roof of the vehicle, which results in more lost power
due to eddy currents induced into the sheet metal. Any loaded antenna is a
trade-off between antenna height and efficiency.

The only difference between the X-terminator and any other center-loaded
vertical is that the former is built for kilowatts (and not very well at that,
as the conductors are chrome plated, so it's RF resistance due to skin effect is
higher than stainless steel, and much higher than bare copper or silver). There
is no way that this antenna will outperform the unloaded 102" stainless-steel
whip.

Tnom's test may or may not have been a sham -- he may have actually gotten those
numbers, but for reasons other than what he presented. Personally, I think the
only thing he tested was his imagination.

Old October 24th 03, 05:16 PM
Twistedhed

Moparholic wrote:
I agree with the getting cheated.

No doubt, but a claim by a person, ad or company concerning a product
they are hawking, can never be taken at face value. An educated consumer
will do their own homework, take all the claims, and make their own
informed decision.
Common sense and logic has always held that "buyer beware" is the
unwritten rule of thumb. A fudged claim isn't the same as ordering
something and not receiving such,,,,,,which is what I would refer to as
being "cheated."