RadioBanter

-   -   question about antenna's (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/30201-question-about-antennas.html)

donny sharp November 2nd 03 07:39 AM

question about antenna's

were is the best place to locate my antenna on my 95 dodge p\u?
and what type would be the best ?
i have it mounted on the mirrrow now , woundering if the roof or any other
spot
would be better .
im running a cobra 25
thanks . donny ,,,,,,aka rockin rabbit !

Steveo November 2nd 03 07:42 AM

"donny sharp" wrote:
were is the best place to locate my antenna on my 95 dodge p\u?
and what type would be the best ?
i have it mounted on the mirrrow now , woundering if the roof or any
other spot
would be better .
im running a cobra 25
thanks . donny ,,,,,,aka rockin rabbit !

The roof would be better, but I hate dilling the hole.

'Doc November 2nd 03 08:25 AM

Donny,
While higher is better, the difference between what you're
using now and a roof mounted antenna would be negligible. If
you just want to change antennas then do so, but don't expect
any big changes in performance.
'Doc

Vinnie S. November 2nd 03 03:34 PM

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 07:39:29 GMT, "donny sharp"
wrote:

were is the best place to locate my antenna on my 95 dodge p\u?
and what type would be the best ?
i have it mounted on the mirrrow now , woundering if the roof or any other
spot
would be better .
im running a cobra 25
thanks . donny ,,,,,,aka rockin rabbit !

Try this.

http://www.alfenterprises.com/cb_rad...BAntennas.html

Moped is right about the roof. On a pickup, if you have a metal tool carrier,
you can also mount it there. On my minivan, I have it dead center on the roof
with a magnetmount. I am running only 100 watt amp, and get all over the US and
other parts of the world.

Vinnie S.