Old November 11th 03, 12:45 AM
gw

Default asshole chuckie bitching about shipping costs...........

From: Chuck K8CPA )
Subject: If I ever Shop at AES Again, It'll be a COLD day in HELL!
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Date: 2000/04/11

Boy, I'll tell ya one thing, ever sense the Owner and Founder of AES
Passed on and left it in the hands of other, They're manners and
willingness to help someone out. is to say the least terrible!

Here's the story.....

I am getting a Kenwood TS-950SDX with like 3 months use on it, It is 3
years old, it belonged to a personal and close freind of mine, who
became a silent key, (Mark, N8OPK) (he become a silent key in November
of 1997.) I am dealing with his 72 year old aunt, Who knows nothing
about amateur radio or it's products, and knows little or nothing
about shipping radios or the costs involved.

I call good ol' AES in cleveland, Ohio, and speak with a salesman, (I
know his name, but I don't wanna get him fired, so We'll refrain from
saying who he was...) All I wanted to know was, what the side of the
radio was, the dementions (SP?)of the radio because I need to know,
ballpark price on shipping the radio from Fl to Michigan, but he's TOO
BUSY, I quote, "I'm too busy to bother with such stuff....." I mean,
What the hell happened to businesses that were willing to help the
potentional customers! for all he knew, I might have wanted to down
the road somewhere, Buy an antenna or the matching external speaker
for the radio! But I'll be darned if I'll EVER buy ANYTHING from them
again. I mean, if AES Spent more time, Helping people, instead of
making a god-damned sales pitch, they'd be doing something! I mean,
the very MINUTE he asked me, "Oh, so you're NOT wanting to buy?"
(quoted 100% too!) his whole personality and willingness to help
someone out changed, is this where Amateur Radio is headed??? God I
hope not. I bet if the "King of Traders" was still alive, He'd be
firing some employees for that little stunt.

and to top it ALL off.... He had to NERVE to INSULT me, by
saying...... My deal I'm getting on the radio was bad, by saying
"yeah, $1500.00 is a good deal, if it works." What a JERK! I mean, and
I suppose his $2500.00 Used Radio was a better deal that just came out
of the service dept??? Yeah, right. From now on, I'm dealing of R & L
Electronics and that's it, at least thier people are nice enough to
answer question and not act like they're so damned "Holier than thou"
and not even wanna help!

Ah, the heck with it, the sales Guy's name was AL. If he gets fired,
too bad, maybe next time he'll be a bit nicer to people!

73 K8CPA

P.S. Please, by ALL means, feel free to Forward to AES Management!

Chuck K8CPA
Web: http://www.qsl.net/~k8cpa
or
MailTo: or

ICQ: 17045539
Firetalk:237969
AOL IM: RadioMan29
Mplayer: RedeyeMan1972

FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
FS MOTOROLA RADIO'S John Equipment 0 February 3rd 04 07:53 AM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
MOTOROLA RADIOS for Sale! John Equipment 0 January 30th 04 03:56 PM
FS MOTOROLA RADIOS HT1000'S , VISAR'S ,& MAXTRAC'S John Equipment 0 January 19th 04 05:44 AM