RadioBanter

-   -   Channel mod? Galaxy 949 (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/30522-channel-mod-galaxy-949-a.html)

Tramr300 December 6th 03 05:42 PM

Channel mod? Galaxy 949

I am looking for the channel mod for this unit.
Mainly interested in the upper channels, 27.485, etc.
Can someone direct me to a good mod?
Please email me directly at

Thanks in advance...

**** Life Is Too Short...***
****Enjoy The Ride...***

Richard Cranium December 7th 03 01:09 AM

ocrap (Tramr300) wrote in message ...
I am looking for the channel mod for this unit.
Mainly interested in the upper channels, 27.485, etc.
Can someone direct me to a good mod?
Please email me directly at

Thanks in advance...

**** Life Is Too Short...***
****Enjoy The Ride...***

Best place to look is
www.mods.dk

Good luck!

Radioman December 7th 03 03:51 AM

I am looking for the channel mod for this unit.
Mainly interested in the upper channels, 27.485, etc.

Please don't use AM above 27.355 MHz. Thanks.

George Kinzer December 7th 03 06:10 AM

1. Remove bottom cover from radio.
2. On the main PCB, locate J33.
3. Locate wires on pins marked "P5" (yellow) & "P6" (grey).
4. Cut wire on "P5" (yellow) and install a SPST switch in line.
5. Cut wire on "P6" (grey) and install a SPST switch in line.
NOTE: By using two of the function switches available on the radio
will eliminate the need for two new switches to be installed and mounted.

--
On the internet, no one can hear you scream.

Tramr300 December 8th 03 04:22 PM

Found the mod...
Thanks for all the info....

**** Life Is Too Short...***