Old December 14th 03, 07:52 AM
Hamguy

Default Bye Bye CW

Just because my Great Grandfather had to 'crank start' his car, we should
ALL have to learn how to do it prior to driving. And his wife had to use a
'crank style' telephone, therefore we ALL should have to master that
technology PRIOR to using a cell-phone just because they did. Additionally,
we should ALL have to learn the computer language known as 'Basic' or
'Fortran' PRIOR to using a PC because I and so many others had to learn it.
And EVERYONE should be required to learn an antiquated mode known as CW
before they get on HF because some 18th century guy invented it. Either
catch-up with the times, or get the HELL out of the way! Like it or not,
CW is TOAST!

Old December 14th 03, 10:08 AM
Radioman

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / TRØLL \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______) jgs
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Old December 14th 03, 09:47 PM
Dave or Debby

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:08:52 -0500, Radioman wrote:

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / TRØLL \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | (______Y______) jgs
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Trolls need FOOD too, don't they? Actually IF they got rid of code,
then HOW would the yuppies relax to low tech Beep Beeps dit dat?

Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 14th 03, 11:04 PM

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:52:07 GMT, "Hamguy" wrote:

Just because my Great Grandfather had to 'crank start' his car, we should
ALL have to learn how to do it prior to driving. And his wife had to use a
'crank style' telephone, therefore we ALL should have to master that
technology PRIOR to using a cell-phone just because they did. Additionally,
we should ALL have to learn the computer language known as 'Basic' or
'Fortran' PRIOR to using a PC because I and so many others had to learn it.
And EVERYONE should be required to learn an antiquated mode known as CW
before they get on HF because some 18th century guy invented it. Either
catch-up with the times, or get the HELL out of the way! Like it or not,
CW is TOAST!

CW has been as good as dead for years. Only the delusional
or in many cases senile amateurs think that a CW requirement
can actually benefit amateur radio in the long run.

Some believe that a CW requirement is a good filter, but CW itself
is a backward step in time. A more current, and better filter would
be a higher technical test standard that would include the newer
technologies. It should not be a cake walk. If the argument is to
filter the undesirables then technical testing should be the filter
and should be repeated every few years for all current amateurs.

Only that way can you truly filter the undesirables. The drunks, the
sour old men, and the senile idiots that ruin amateur radio today.

P.S. I have no problem with voluntary CW use.
Old December 15th 03, 01:37 AM
jim

[...]

they should form a niche for the cw users and note it on the license
with an asterik or some sort of identifier. if people really want to use
cw then they can fly the badge...

Old December 15th 03, 01:49 AM
Radioman

P.S. I have no problem with voluntary CW use.

they should form a niche for the cw users and note it on the license
with an asterik or some sort of identifier. if people really want to use
cw then they can fly the badge...

I can see the QRZ.COM listings now, WA3MOJ-*

(I was going to use a SK, but I have more respect then that...)

Old December 15th 03, 02:35 AM
Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup

Radioman wrote in message ...
P.S. I have no problem with voluntary CW use.

they should form a niche for the cw users and note it on the license
with an asterik or some sort of identifier. if people really want to use
cw then they can fly the badge...

I can see the QRZ.COM listings now, WA3MOJ-*

(I was going to use a SK, but I have more respect then that...)

Scott why is it every chance you get you troll wa3moj?
Old December 15th 03, 04:20 AM
sideband

jim wrote:

they should form a niche for the cw users and note it on the license
with an asterik or some sort of identifier. if people really want to use
cw then they can fly the badge...

They have one.. It's called being a General, Advanced, or Extra class
ARO.

-SSB

Old December 15th 03, 01:21 PM
Landshark

"Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup" AkA George Busch wrote in message
om...
Radioman wrote in message ...
P.S. I have no problem with voluntary CW use.

they should form a niche for the cw users and note it on the license
with an asterik or some sort of identifier. if people really want to use
cw then they can fly the badge...

I can see the QRZ.COM listings now, WA3MOJ-*

(I was going to use a SK, but I have more respect then that...)

Scott why is it every chance you get you troll wa3moj?

Why do you harass 90% of the people
here George? Why do you use you're AOL
account to defend yourself while at the same
time harass Me, Mopar, Scott, Randy, GW,
BrainBuster, Twist, Jay, Tim etc etc?
Why do you use foul, vile, vulgar language
on everyone of your posts? Why do you
sign people up for Spam? Send virus's?
You are X-no-Archiving your posts now
to cover your tracks and why?
Because it's you and your a troll, here's
the proof:

by vmn-ext.prodigy.net (8.12.10/8.12.10) with ESMTP id hB1J6vcw201648
for ; Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:07:19 -0500

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:04:24 -0600 (CST)

Subject: Warning - Posting to Newsgroups
From: Prodigy Abuse Department

Hello,

This is a WARNING NOTICE from the SBC Internet Services (SBCIS) Policy
department, regarding abusive, offensive and/or harassing emails/postings
sent from your SBCIS account.

It has been brought to our attention that you are posting on the internet
newsgroups with a known AOL user as you're account information

Said individual has forwarded a complaint concerning these posts.

Be advised it is a violation of our Terms of Service
(
http://sbc.yahoo.com/terms/)and Acceptable Use Policy
(http://support.sbcglobal.net/legal/aup.shtml) to use our service to email
or post, threatening, abusive, obscene, hateful, or otherwise objectionable
material.

If additional complaints are received concerning your SBCIS account, it will
be TERMINATED, and you may incur an early termination fee.

Sincerely,
The SBCIS Policy Department

LMAO!!!

Landshark

--
The happy people are those who are producing something;
the bored people are those who are consuming much and