Old December 28th 03, 06:53 AM
Mike Harrison

Default Got me this cool ICOM CB radio

This radio called a IC-78, has all 40 cb channels and if you hold down the
FC button for a second you open up the radio and can TX up and down.

100 Watts PEP

not bad and its nice.

Old December 28th 03, 07:10 AM
Randy

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
This radio called a IC-78, has all 40 cb channels and if you hold down the
FC button for a second you open up the radio and can TX up and down.

100 Watts PEP

not bad and its nice.

Yes, Icom does make some nice CB radios. My CB is an Icom 746.

Old December 28th 03, 06:14 PM
PixelKiller

"William Wallace" wrote in message
Boy you assclowns really want to be hams, so much so you buy ham radios as
well.

OMG!!! They actually might want to expand their amateur radio experience
past a box anyone can squawk into. SELL OUTS!

Old December 28th 03, 08:04 PM
Leland C. Scott

"William Wallace" wrote in
message
unistas (TRA1N) wrote in

:

Yes, Icom does make some nice CB radios. My CB

is an Icom 746

My Drake TR7 CB is nice and all but it drifts

a little. My Kenwood 440
SAT, I was told when I bought it the 40 in 440

is for 40 channels.
Train

Boy you assclowns really want to be hams, so

much so you buy ham radios as
well.

Want to bet they slip in to the Ham 10m Ham band
from time to time using a bootleg call sign. Tim
Nebo used a mod'ed Yeasu FT-840 to do the same
thing. Boy did he get hot with the denials when I
brought up the subject that he was using the rig
on something other than 11m, like bootlegging on
the Ham HF bands. He even publicly asked about
using the so called "Charlie" frequencies, used by
airliners over the ocean for long distance
communication, on this very news group.

Now that the sun spots are on the wan the only DX
these freebanders are going to see "regularly"
will be on the lower Ham HF bands. Since they
don't have any morals about ignoring Part 95 rules
I'm sure that some of them can't resist the urge
to spin that VFO dial down to a Ham band. All it
takes is a simple dipole and some coax to get on
the band for them.

I'll be great sport to see how many bootleggers
can be ID'ed and busted. Maybe even suggest it as
a new form of contesting to the ARRL!

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

ARRL Member
NCI Member

Charter member of the
Lawrence Technological University
Wireless Society W8LTU

Old December 28th 03, 08:32 PM
Randy

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"William Wallace" wrote in
message
unistas (TRA1N) wrote in

:

[...]

What are you using to LISTEN there, Leland?

Callsign: KC8LDO Class: Technician Codes: HAI USA
Name: LELAND C SCOTT
Addr1: 32378 CONCORD DR BLDG 21 APT B
Addr2: MADISON HEIGHTS, MI 48071
Country: USA
Effective: 29 Oct 1998 Expires: 29 Oct 2008

Old December 28th 03, 09:10 PM
Dave or Debby

Too bad there are DIRTY MOUTH Commies that always want to raise their
commy beliefs and dirty mouths in a post like this! HEY LeLand--IS
this WHY you don't have a CB---is because ICOM gave you CB with yo 10
meters?!
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:57:49 -0600, William Wallace
wrote:

(TRA1N) wrote in
:

Old December 28th 03, 09:22 PM
No No Not George

"Randy" wrote:
[...]

Where exactly does Leland say he has heard anything or is listening or
is going to listen? Thou dost protesteth too much Randy maybe you are
one of those bootleggers huh?
Old December 28th 03, 10:34 PM
Jerry Oxendine

"Dave or Debby" wrote in message
Too bad there are DIRTY MOUTH Commies that always want to raise their
commy beliefs and dirty mouths in a post like this! HEY LeLand--IS
this WHY you don't have a CB---is because ICOM gave you CB with yo 10
meters?!

Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With 160, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, and 15 Meters, now why would he
WANT a CB, huh?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:57:49 -0600, William Wallace
wrote:

(TRA1N) wrote in
:

Old December 28th 03, 10:36 PM

snip
Now that the sun spots are on the wan the only DX
these freebanders are going to see "regularly"
will be on the lower Ham HF bands. Since they
don't have any morals about ignoring Part 95 rules
I'm sure that some of them can't resist the urge
to spin that VFO dial down to a Ham band. All it
takes is a simple dipole and some coax to get on
the band for them.

I'll be great sport to see how many bootleggers
can be ID'ed and busted. Maybe even suggest it as
a new form of contesting to the ARRL!

You know.........You have a great idea. Use the low HF
bands for further DXing, and you make it a contest to
boot!

DXing has never been so much fun. Thanks for the
suggestion. Let the contest begin!