RadioBanter

-   -   Call Signs? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/30838-call-signs.html)

Jim January 13th 04 12:52 AM

Call Signs?

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham operator?

Just curious

Jim

jim January 13th 04 01:30 AM

Steveo wrote:
(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

jim January 13th 04 02:11 AM

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

jim January 13th 04 02:29 AM

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

Yep, I think I might still have some QSL cards with that
call on it down in the basement. If the moths didn't eat
them all already. ;)

what ant did you use back then?

jim January 13th 04 03:26 AM

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a
ham operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

Yep, I think I might still have some QSL cards with that
call on it down in the basement. If the moths didn't eat
them all already. ;)

what ant did you use back then?

A Droopy Drawers quarter wave on the chimney baby. Smokin!

And you?

ringo on a 3' tripod. damn thing is still working in north carolina on
the ol' mans garage...30+ years of service...

Steveo January 13th 04 04:31 AM

"Juan" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a
ham operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

KBII0428 1973

That's an 8 call. That was after 1973.

KAXN-9546 January 13th 04 04:32 AM

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 01:30:57 GMT, jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:
(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

KAXN-9546 Circa 1977
Raymond Sirois KAXN-9546
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
607-733-5745
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6000

Steveo January 13th 04 04:45 AM

Steveo wrote:
(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

KAXN-9546 Circa 1977
Raymond Sirois KAXN-9546
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS