Old January 13th 04, 12:52 AM
Jim

Default Call Signs?

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham operator?

Just curious

Jim
Old January 13th 04, 02:11 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

Old January 13th 04, 02:29 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a ham
operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

Yep, I think I might still have some QSL cards with that
call on it down in the basement. If the moths didn't eat
them all already.

what ant did you use back then?

Old January 13th 04, 03:26 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

(Jim) wrote:

Do they still give out callsigns to CBers or do you have to be a
ham operator?

Just curious

Jim

No they don't issue a license for CB anymore, although you
may still hear old calls or club numbers.

kgo0185 circa 1970ish...

kdl6864 roud' about then too.

old timer hehehe

Yep, I think I might still have some QSL cards with that
call on it down in the basement. If the moths didn't eat
them all already.

what ant did you use back then?

A Droopy Drawers quarter wave on the chimney baby. Smokin!

And you?

ringo on a 3' tripod. damn thing is still working in north carolina on
the ol' mans garage...30+ years of service...