Old January 17th 04, 10:44 PM
Bert Craig

Default Nice 11m Antennas

Happy New Year to you all.

F.Y.I.

http://www.cubex.com/cb.htm

http://www.transmission1.net/cbradio/review-cubex.html

http://www.gopherlink.com/DeltaXray/hfantenn.htm

73 de Bert
WA2SI
Old January 18th 04, 12:28 PM
Chaney

You've missed one...you've probably missed hundreds but this is one of the
main ones...and I'd missed one you posted...

http://www.signalengineering.com/

no comments on top posting please...

--
Chaney

Chaney's World
http://www.chaney.i12.com/

m...

Old January 18th 04, 01:51 PM
Bert Craig

Thanks Chaney,

I knew about SE, I just thought the two shown were a bit more obscure and
needed a little more exposure. Mosley also makes some nice quality
antennas...but they're really expensive. Ex. I'd go with the excellent I-10K
before I'd plunk down $300+ for a Mosley Devant 5/8 omni. F.Y.I. tho:

http://www.mosley-electronics.com/citizen_band.htm

Gem also makes a nice products. I spoke with the owner some time back and
while they don't advertise a CB/11-meter model, they'll gladly sell you the
parts to construct a monobander for 27 MHz.

http://www.mts.net/~ddmckinn/gemquad/index.htm

Hope you all find this stuff helpful. :-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 18th 04, 04:05 PM
Chaney

Everything seems to be made in the US now...before I can consider an antenna
I have to think $130+ postage...

The Gem site I had visited before...I've just had a glance at the Mosley
site...I'll investigate thoroughly later...

20 years ago the UK was awash with Italian & US made antennas now it's a
hard slog...

Thanks for the extra info...

--
Chaney G6***

Chaney's World
http://www.chaney.i12.com/

.net...

Old January 18th 04, 08:45 PM
Bert Craig

"Chaney" wrote in message
Everything seems to be made in the US now...before I can consider an

antenna
I have to think $130+ postage...

I hadn't even realized. Quite right.

The Gem site I had visited before...I've just had a glance at the Mosley
site...I'll investigate thoroughly later...

Enjoy, but like I said...really expensive. (Unjustifiably so.)

20 years ago the UK was awash with Italian & US made antennas now it's a
hard slog...

I remember all the Italian (CTE) antennas here as well. In the mid-80's I
used a Sigma 3/4...cheaply made and before I actually started to read up on
antenna theory. (Looked like an ice cream cone with a very long radiator
running up the center and a gamma match.)

Thanks for the extra info...

You're quite welcome.

--
Chaney G6***

Funny, heard a G6*** today on 10 in the mobile. (Quite strong signal.)

Chaney's World
http://www.chaney.i12.com/

Nice site, where are the radios? ;-)

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 18th 04, 09:17 PM
Chaney

I love 10m...it's so untrusting...you can't make plans...that's why I still
adhere to my CB roots...

As soon as I find my missing photo's from the 8t's I'll do a few pages on
radio...and QSL cards...I have a multitude of those...

--
Chaney

Chaney's World
http://www.chaney.i12.com/

Old January 18th 04, 05:18 PM
NIW

http://www.signalengineering.com/

Looks like a Moonraker rip off to me!

NIW!
Old January 18th 04, 06:10 PM
Chaney

It's similar...different matching...I might try one of these...

--
Chaney

Chaney's World
http://www.chaney.i12.com/

Old January 18th 04, 08:49 PM
Bert Craig

"NIW" wrote in message
http://www.signalengineering.com/

Looks like a Moonraker rip off to me!

NIW!

The Moonraker series are crossed Yagis with a quad reflector. The PDL II is
a Polar Diversity Loop. The Signal Engineering quads are just that, true
quads. Less noise and a tad more theoretical gain than the Moonraker series.
All are great performers though.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old January 18th 04, 10:40 PM
jim

Bert Craig wrote:
"NIW" wrote in message

http://www.signalengineering.com/

Looks like a Moonraker rip off to me!

NIW!

The Moonraker series are crossed Yagis with a quad reflector. The PDL II is
a Polar Diversity Loop. The Signal Engineering quads are just that, true
quads. Less noise and a tad more theoretical gain than the Moonraker series.
All are great performers though.

73 de Bert
WA2SI

have to add that the pdlii's can be a pain to set up considering the copper
wire. they hold up fairly well as mine was subjected to a lot of salt water
intrusion being close (within 1k') to the long island sound.
jogunn makes nice products...