Old February 8th 04, 11:21 PM
I Am Not George

Default hey twithed...YOUR KEYCLOWN PALS in Tacoma get slapped!

Read this assjuice....and everyone else in here read it too. It's what
you illegal keyqueenz do to trash the good name of all radio operators
everywhere. Thanks to you dick lickers this is how the public thinks
of the radio hobby. This is why support for the AKC IS GROWING BY THE
DAY.

=========================

The News Tribune - Tacoma, WA
Home News Crime & Safety
Sunday, February 8, 2004

**
BRUCE KELLMAN | THE NEWS TRIBUNE

William Woods shows the paper detailing a $500 fine from the FCC for
CB broadcasts that bother neighbors.
Citizens band together against CB radio pollution

KRIS SHERMAN; The News Tribune

Nichole Cruz and her neighbors in the Oakland area of Tacoma are tired
of the same foul-mouthed voice coming in over their television sets,
ruining attempts to watch their favorite shows.

Tired of being unable to let their children watch Saturday morning
cartoons.

Tired of their telephone conversations being overridden by one
neighbor's obsession with a citizens band radio they claim is so
powerful it bleeds into nearly every electronic device for blocks.

"It's making life miserable for everybody," she said, standing outside
her South Madison Street home. "The radio interferes with the TVs, the
cordless phones, everything."

Several Oakland area neighbors are so frustrated they went to City
Hall on Jan. 13 to plead for help. Their testimony before the City
Council followed a Dec. 12 petition signed by 35 area residents
begging officials to pull the plug on their inconsiderate neighbor.

But in the end, it might be a landlord, not the city, not the police
nor the Federal Communications Commission, who has the power to take
William Woods, also known by his CB handle "Power," off the airwaves.

Woods' landlord, Don Dominick of Seattle, initiated eviction
proceedings last week after the neighbors' frustration reached the
fuse-blowing point.

Working with the Tacoma police and the FCC, Dominick agreed to begin
the eviction procedure, he said. Eviction papers likely will be served
this week, Dominick's attorney Everett Holum said Friday.

But because of landlord-tenant rules, it could take until the end of
February to make Woods move. If he doesn't obey the notices, a lawsuit
might follow.

For his part, Woods, a 35-year-old unemployed CB enthusiast, says he
hasn't done anything wrong.

His CB equipment, which he says he removed and sold three months ago,
was always within the legal 4-watt limit, he said. He blames a former
friend for turning the neighborhood against him. He claims that person
passed out CB radios to area residents to cause electrical
interference.

"All I've got is the CB on my car, and that's it," he said Friday,
standing behind a chain-link fence in his back yard. "I got tired of
being harassed by everybody and everybody complaining about me."

The neighbors tell a quite different story.

They roll out a litany of complaints against their neighbor and his
insensitive destruction of their peace, quiet and freedom from fear.
Despite many pleas to the city, the police and the FCC, the
foul-mouthed radio broadcasts come through their telephones and
televisions day and night, they say.

And those broadcasts didn't stop three months ago, either, several
neighbors said.

Until recently a large antenna towered over the neighborhood from the
roof of Woods' one-story, 1,000-square-foot rented home, neighbors
said, though no one could remember the exact date they last saw it.
And neighbors say they've heard the broadcasts in recent weeks,
although the noise has become such a background to their lives, they
can't pinpoint when they last heard it.

When they've complained to Woods, neighbors claim he's been verbally
abusive and threatened them with a German shepherd attack dog.

Woods says he doesn't have an attack dog. His neighbors are harassing
him, not the other way around, he contends.

But when a half-dozen or so residents told the City Council of their
woes Jan. 13, City Councilman Tom Stenger characterized their story as
"chilling" and asked whether that portion of Citizens Forum could be
excised from videotapes that would rebroadcast the meeting on TV
Tacoma.

Stenger said he feared for the residents' safety if their testimony
were seen by their neighbor.

Mayor Bill Baarsma agreed and made the request.

TV Tacoma manager Nancy Johnson said it's the first time in her 17
years at the station that a council meeting tape has been edited
before playback.

Council members, obviously shaken by the residents' testimony,
immediately directed City Manager Jim Walton, City Attorney Robin
Jenkinson and Police Chief Don Ramsdell to have their staffs look into
the situation.

"There's a real serious problem here, and it goes way beyond
interference on your phone and on your TV set," Councilman Kevin
Phelps told the residents.

"What we're talking about is an individual who is literally holding a
neighborhood hostage."

It wasn't the first time neighbors complained.

Despite more than two years of complaints, residents say both the
police and the FCC have been unable to restore quiet to their
tree-lined neighborhood of working families and retired couples in the
3000 blocks of South Proctor and South Madison streets.

•On Sept. 12, 2001, the City Council adopted an ordinance regulating
the use of citizens band radios, aiming the new law squarely at Woods'
operation, Baarsma said.

The misdemeanor ordinance calls for fines and/or jail time for
violations, but its language dealing with megahertz frequencies
prevented police from enforcing it in this case, assistant city
attorney Kim Gerhardt said. It was all but impossible for officers to
get the probable cause they needed to gain access to the property, she
said.

"In terms of proof, it gets pretty hairy when we're talking about a
very technical, scientific measurement," Gerhardt explained.

•The city's chronic nuisance ordinance couldn't be used to shut the
radio operation down because "prohibited use of non-FCC transmitting
equipment ... is not included in the list of nuisance activities,"
assistant city attorney Kyle Crews wrote in a memo to Walton on the
matter.

•It's also difficult to obtain proof that the blaring CB violates
another ordinance that certain activities can constitute a public
nuisance when they "annoy, or endanger the comfort, repose, health or
safety of others," Crews wrote.

•At the city's request, the FCC Seattle office took up the issue and
fined Woods $7,000 in late 2002. But Woods paid only $500.

"I got it knocked down" for inability to pay, he said.

Now, FCC officials are "in the slow process of drafting an 'Affidavit
to Seize' the radio equipment," Crews' memo says. But the FCC hasn't
been allowed back on the property, and the process "has come to an
apparent halt," Crews wrote.

FCC officials in Seattle refused to comment.

To complicate matters, the equipment - claimed by some to be in the
2,000-watt range - disappears whenever investigators come around,
neighbors say. When things cool off, the transmissions begin again.

Property owner Dominick, meanwhile, said he is eager to cooperate with
police, the FCC and the neighbors to get Woods to leave.

"There's new things happening there every day, it seems like," he
said.

But when neighbors call him to complain, they refuse to leave their
names, Instead, they leave their tales of electronic interference,
including a neighbor's complaint that she couldn't reach 911 in an
emergency. They also leave claims of bullying by Woods.

When he talked to Woods, the tenant told him "it was all somebody
else's doing," Dominick said. "I've called him and told him take the
antenna down, so he did. And two days later a neighbor called and
said, 'It's back up.'"

Woods accused his landlord of trying to violate his free speech
rights.

"He would be verbally abusive and threaten to sue me," Dominick said.

So when he was called to a meeting last week with Tacoma police, other
city representatives and the feds, Dominick knew he had to act.

"When you sit there with a panel of five people, the police and the
FCC, I was really shocked," he said. "You know this is really
serious."

"It's ridiculous. It has to stop," said one resident who didn't want
her name published because she fears retribution. "One night, my
daughter came running in and said, 'Mommy, my TV's talking. And I
said, 'Well, your TV's supposed to talk.'

"But when I went in and turned the sound all the way down, I could
still hear this guy's conversation. There was a lot of foul language.
It's not appropriate for a child. I don't even want to hear it."
Old February 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(I Am Not George) wrote:

snip
FCC officials in Seattle refused to comment.

Gee, what a suprise.

Old February 9th 04, 03:19 AM
Randy

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
In ,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

snip
FCC officials in Seattle refused to comment.

Gee, what a suprise.

Frank, the word is 'surprise'.

Old February 9th 04, 09:37 AM
AKC SLAPS PACETRONICS HARD!

"Randy" wrote in message ...
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
In ,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

snip
FCC officials in Seattle refused to comment.

Gee, what a suprise.

Frank, the word is 'surprise'.

As in "surprise" if you ever quit eating cum and smoking rock. Correct
you are, cum hole.

Old February 10th 04, 12:36 AM
Twistedhed

WA3MOJ at none.com wrote:
(So Doug, is Crisco Kathy your daughter?)

..and his goat, who has a tail that is the perfect
repeater jamming length. Life is good when

you're a goat ****ing CBer wannabe.

--

No Code Techs are really just CBer's in drag.

The Dog left the room so fast, the breeze was felt around the country.

The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong