Old February 25th 04, 02:37 AM
Craig Fowlar

Default CB Antenna mount 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have looked at just about every mount I can think of that does not require
drilling and can not find a mount that will work on the back tailgate
without being sheered off. I tend to work in severe weather so magnet
mounts are out of the question and my understanding is that the window
mounts are garbage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old February 25th 04, 03:08 AM
Frank Gilliland

In .net, "Craig Fowlar"
wrote:

I have looked at just about every mount I can think of that does not require
drilling and can not find a mount that will work on the back tailgate
without being sheered off. I tend to work in severe weather so magnet
mounts are out of the question and my understanding is that the window
mounts are garbage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sheesh, it's not like you are drilling a hole in the bottom of a boat. Is this a
working truck or a 'pretty' truck? If it's a 'pretty' truck, park it in the
garage, drain the radiator, jack it up on blocks, toss some mothballs under the
seats, throw a tarp over it, then lock up the garage until you are ready to sell
it. If it's a working truck, drill the friggin hole!

Old February 25th 04, 12:21 PM
Jeff

Get one of those magnet mount bases that have 3 or 4 magnets in the base. I
can't find the links, but it should hold up to some very high winds.

link.net...

Old February 26th 04, 02:08 AM
Craig Fowlar

I will check out the magnetic and see if they would work with the rack. As
for Frank, watch your blood pressure. Your head will explode.

Old February 26th 04, 02:09 AM
Craig Fowlar

I should have referred to Frank and not Jeff for the blood pressure thing.
I do appreciate the advice Jeff.