Old March 25th 04, 05:37 PM
Twistedhed

Default Truckers on 10 meters not a problem

I continue to receive e-mail concerning the comments
I made about some of the larger radio distribution
companies and the still-unfounded-rumors of a litany
of back orders. Judging by some of the responses
I received, it is inevitable that there is a basis of
truth to the allegations concerning a connection
between easily modifieable 10 meter radios and
companies not having them in stock.

However, it appears that this is confined to just one
or two companies at this time. Keep sending me your
personal experiences about backorders. So far,
they range from the slight inconveniences to the
outrageous (3 months or more), I will compile all I
receive in an honest effort to find out if these experiences
are due to increased pressure from the Feds or
just attributed to shoddy customer service.

Feel free to share your thoughts with me on this or an
other subject you my wish. If you wish a reply, please
provide a valid e-mail address.

3s from Keyholder's Korner

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News -
http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Thu Mar 25 18:37:34 2004 depuis l'IP : ac8940e8.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old March 25th 04, 06:49 PM
Twistedhed

From: =A0=A0 Twistedhed Group: =A0=A0
rec.radio.cb Subject: =A0=A0 Truckers on 10 meters not a problem
Date: =A0=A0 Thu, Mar 25, 2004, 5:37pm (EST+5) Organization: =A0=A0
WebTV User X-Trace: =A0=A0 news.x-echo.com 1080236255 21307
195.101.94.106 (25 Mar 2004 17:37:35 GMT) X-Complaints-To: =A0=A0
(EST+5)
[...]

-
KC8LDO Lelnad madd!

Old March 26th 04, 07:31 PM
Keyclowns Are On Notice

Twistedhed wrote in message ...
[...]

****hed wants your email addys so he can let you know when he is
passing through. He needs all the gay keyclown whoopie he can get.
Old March 26th 04, 09:14 PM
Jerry

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
I continue to receive e-mail concerning the comments

I guess somebody thinks it's a problem! LOL!

ENFORCEMENT: WARNINGS TO TWO TRUCKING FIRMS ABOUT 10 METER OPS

The FCC has warned the owners of a Bristol Pennsylvania trucking company
to get their personnel off of the 10 meter Amateur band or face some
expensive consequences. In a letter to Cassidy's Express the FCC says
that it has information that one of the company's tractors pulling a
"CAI" trailer on Interstates 476 N and 76W in Pennsylvania, was the
source of unlicensed radio transmissions on the 10 meters.

The incident took place last October 9th between 8 AM and 8:30 AM local
time. The Commission has informed Cassidy's Express that operation of
radio transmitting equipment without a license is a violation of Section
301 of the Communications Act. That it could and will subject the
operator to fine or imprisonment, as well as seizure of any non-
certified radio transmitting equipment.

For those not aware, unlicensed operation carries a fine of $7,500 to
$10,000 for each instance charged. A similar letter was sent to CLR
Transport of Saluda, North Carolina warning of unlicensed 10 meter
operation from one of their trucks on Interstate 85 between Gastonia and
Kings Mountain, North Carolina on July 14, 2003. (FCC)