Old March 28th 04, 04:57 PM
Chris

Default Uniden Pro510XL too bassy and tries to squeal

It's a Uniden Pro510XL with stock condenser mic but a good cobra power mic
does about the same thing. It's a low pitched moaning sound not a high pitch
squeal. On the power mic, I think I could just insert a capacitor in series
with the audio line. How would I cure this with the stock mic?

Chris

Old March 28th 04, 05:36 PM
stoner

that radio is garbage.
i know from experience.

throw it away and buy a better one.

stoner said it.

ink.net...

Old March 29th 04, 05:43 AM
George Kinzer

cut back the mic gain inside the radio rv5, I think. add a external speaker,
get it away from the MIC. THIS RADIO AINT JUNK, BUT IF PROPERLY TUNED IT IS
OK
--
On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

Old March 29th 04, 06:24 AM
Chris

Can you suggest another one for $30 that will mount to thin plastic in a
small car. Actually, this is the 3rd one of these I've had. The other ones
were great. This one had been messed with inside. The others hadn't.

Chris

Chris
"stoner" wrote in message
that radio is garbage.
i know from experience.

throw it away and buy a better one.

stoner said it.

ink.net...

Old March 29th 04, 06:35 AM
Chris

I forgot about rv5. Thanks for the help. BTW, Grisoft AVG is the $h!t. It
has often found viruses that Norton didn't detect. Great program - even the
free version.

Chris