RadioBanter

-   -   More Truckers Busted Using Modified CB's on Ham 10m Band (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/31905-more-truckers-busted-using-modified-cbs-ham-10m-band.html)

Leland C. Scott May 18th 04 08:03 PM

More Truckers Busted Using Modified CB's on Ham 10m Band

The FCC is still out there and still looking.

April 27, 2004

James Brown Trucking Company
6908 Chapman Road
Lithonia, GA 30058-5246

Subject: Warning Notice--Unlicensed Radio Operation
Case #EB-2004-2549

Dear Sir:

Information before the Commission indicates that your vehicle bearing
Georgia license plate C-125217 was the source of radio transmissions on the
Ten Meter Amateur Radio Band (28.085 MHz) on March 19, 2004 on Interstate
85N at the Belmont Abbey Exit in North Carolina. Operation on the 10-meter
band requires a license from the FCC.

While many truckers use Citizens band radio equipment, please be advised
that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a license is a
violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47
U.S.C. Section 301, and will subject the operator to fine or imprisonment,
as well as an in rem seizure of any non-certified radio transmitting
equipment, in cooperation with the United States Attorney for your
jurisdiction. Monetary forfeitures normally range from $7,500 to $10,000.

You are requested to contact me at 717-338-2502 to discuss this matter.

CC: FCC South Central Region
---
April 27, 2004

Waggoners Trucking
1501 S. E. 15th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73129

Case #EB-2004-2550

Dear Sir:

Information before the Commission indicates that your vehicle bearing
Oklahoma license plate 2BC423 was the source of radio transmissions on the
Ten Meter Amateur Radio Band (28.085 MHz) on March 21, 2004 on Interstate
85S at Exit 98 between Blacksburg and Gaffney, SC. Operation on the 10-meter

-----

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

SteveJ May 18th 04 10:13 PM

Bust their ASS
Bust their ASS
Bust their ASS
Bust their ASS

Landshark May 19th 04 02:40 AM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
The FCC is still out there and still looking.

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

April 26, 2004

Mr. Steve L. Wingate
168 Lakeside Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925-1052

RE Warning Notice: Amateur Radio license AE6QD
Case #EB-2004-2548

Dear Mr. Wingate:

Monitoring information before the Commission indicates that you have been
deliberately interfering with ongoing communications on 75 meters at various
times this month. The interference consists of jamming, making threats to
other operators and to law enforcement officers, and broadcasts in which you
appear incoherent.

Continued incidents of such interference will subject you to revocation and
suspension proceedings, as well as a monetary forfeiture (fine). Fines
normally range from $7,500 to $10,000.

We note that you hold a pilot's license. This matter is also being referred
to the Federal Aviation Administration.

CC: FCC Western Regional Director

----

April 27, 2004

Mr. Daniel F. Barrett
P. O. Box 2204
Kings Mountain, NC 28086

RE Renewal Application of Amateur Technician Plus License KE4NOK
File No. 0001710976

Dear Mr. Barrett:

The Wireless Telecommunications Bureau has referred the above renewal
application, filed on April 16, 2004, to the Enforcement Bureau for review.
That action was based on information coming to the Commission's attention
that you have used your station to interfere with various repeater
operations in North Carolina on 145.350, 145.450 and 147.120 MHz, have
ignored requests of repeater control operators to refrain from using their
repeaters, and ignored the Commission Warning letter dated December 24, 2003
regarding use of and interference to the repeaters. Apparently your use of,
and interference to, these repeaters continues.

In view of the above, your renewal application will not be routinely
granted. The Commission may need additional information from you in order to
determine your qualifications to be remain a Commission license, and it may
be necessary to designate your application for an evidentiary hearing before
an Administrative Law Judge. In such a proceeding you would be required to
appear at a hearing in Washington, DC, and would have the burden of proof to
show that you were qualified to retain your license. You will be contacted
by the Enforcement Bureau shortly.

CC: FCC South Central Regional Director

----

[...]

Mr. David A. Smith
530 Hollywood Drive
Monroe, MI 48162-2943

Warning Notice: Amateur Radio license W8YZ
Case #EB-2003-367

Dear Mr. Smith:

Monitoring information before the Commission indicates that you were
deliberately interfering with ongoing communications on 3.960 MHz on March
9, 19, 30, and April 7, 15 and 20, 2004. Some incidents of the interference
continued when you moved to an adjacent frequency, close enough to cause
harmful interference to 3.960 MHz, and apparent did so deliberately.
Recordings are available if you wish to review them.

Continued incidents of such interference will subject you to revocation and
suspension proceedings, as well as a monetary forfeiture (fine). Fines
normally range from $7,500 to $10,000.

CC: FCC Northeastern Regional Director

----

[...]

Mr. James D. Bell
7214 Corregidor
Vancouver, WA 98664

Amateur Radio license N7IJS
Case Number EB-2004-2518

Dear Mr. Bell:

On February 17, 2004, we wrote you enclosing an opinion from the Ninth
Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals, dated September 19, 2002.
That opinion upheld the conviction and ten year sentence of a James Dalton
Bell for interstate stalking and using the facilities of interstate commerce
for interstate stalking, in violation of 18 U.S.C. Sections 2261A and 2261A
(2) (B) (i).

Section 308(b) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C.
Section 308(b), gives the Commission the authority to obtain information
from applicants and licensees regarding the operation of their station and
their qualifications to retain a Commission license. Accordingly, you were
requested to respond to the February 17 letter within 20 days indicating
whether you were the same James D. Bell as reflected in the Court of Appeals
Opinion enclosed. The February 17 letter stated that if you were, the
criminal conviction may reflect adversely upon your qualifications to hold
an Amateur license and an administrative hearing may be designated to take
evidence on that issue.

Finally, our letter stated that if you are the same James D. Bell, you may
wish to provide additional information on the convictions, for consideration
by the Commission; or you may wish to voluntarily submit your license for
cancellation in order to avoid a hearing on the issue. We asked that you
indicate your preference in your response.

In your responses dated March 10 and 24, 2004, you disputed our authority to
obtain the information requested, and threatened to sue the Commission
claiming that our letter was in retaliation for a lawsuit you had filed. In
fact, we unaware of any such lawsuit, and any lawsuit you choose to file,
and any defendants you choose to name, is a matter entirely up to you.

The information we sought is relevant to your qualifications to retain your
Amateur license. You should be aware that in 1990, the Commission revised
its character qualifications policy, expanding the types of non-FCC-related
misconduct that it would consider as bearing on licensee or applicant
character qualifications (Policy Regarding Character Qualifications in
Broadcast Licensing, Policy Statement and Order, 5 FCC RCD 3252 (1990)
(Character Policy Statement), recon. granted in part, denied in part, 6 FCC
Rcd 3448 (1991), further recon. granted, 7 FCC Rcd 6564 (1992). The
Commission concluded that "a propensity to comply with the law generally is
relevant to the Commission's public interest analysis, and that an
applicant's or licensee's willingness to violate other laws, and, in
particular, to commit felonies, also bears on our confidence that an
applicant or licensee will conform to FCC rules and policies.

The 1990 Character Policy Statement applies to Amateur Radio licensees just
as it does to all other FCC licensees ( See, e.g., Herbert L. Schoenbohm,
Decision, 13 FCC Rcd 15028 (1998), recon. denied, 13 FCC Rcd 23774 (1998),
aff'd in part, dismissed in part sub nom. Schoenbohm v. FCC, 204 F.3d 243
(2000), cert. denied, 121 S. Ct. 405 (2000); Leslie D. Brewer, Order to Show
Cause, Notice of Order of Suspension, Notice of Opportunity for Hearing, and
Notice of Apparent Liability for a Forfeiture, 16 FCC Rcd 5671, licenses
revoked, 16 FCC Rcd 12878 (2001).

For your convenience we are enclosing the April 23, 2004, revocation order
in the case of Roger Thomas Scaggs, W5EBC. Additionally, we have reviewed
your legal analysis outlined in your letters referenced above, and suggest
that you may wish to retain counsel to assist you in submitting any future
ones.

Enclosu 4 pages
CC: FCC Western Regional Director

----

Yucaipa, CA: Pursuant to an audit of a January 16, 1999, W5YI-VEC Amateur
Radio examination session, the FCC has issued retesting orders to 10
Technician class licensees in North Hills, Northridge, Van Nuys, Palmdale
and San Diego, California.

----
Page last modified: 08:08 AM, 18 May 2004 ET
Page author:
Copyright © 2004, American Radio Relay League, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Leland C. Scott May 19th 04 05:57 AM

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do anything
looks like they're dead wrong.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark May 19th 04 02:41 PM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do

anything
looks like they're dead wrong.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Who cares Leland? I know that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs get
busted out of tens of thousands, it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.
I wonder if the FCC knows about Doug's felony conviction? From
what I read, he could have his license revoked. Maybe someone
should forward those court papers along with the posts offering a
modified cb for sale, throw in a few of his colorful posts for a
little icing.
Since you seem to like posting these things, why don't you do
your duty and turn Doug in for his crimes? Come on Lee, you are
so gung ho to post this drivel here to start flames. Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community
for selling modified cb's.
LOL!!!

Landshark

--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.

Steveo May 19th 04 02:44 PM

"Landshark" wrote:
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

LOL, never happen. He likes to hang with felon dougay, they even
went to Dayton together. Two complete losers.

Twistedhed May 19th 04 03:08 PM

The I-85 incidents were reported by one Jerry W. Oxendine, K4KWH. Those
trucking companies have been contacted and made aware. The accused have
a right to know their accuser.

Twistedhed May 19th 04 03:14 PM

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..
You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares?

Many care. In fact, it is highly indicative of the ratio of hammie vs.
cbers getting popped and disciplined, a fact you like to ignore, since
you are one of the bad apples in hammie radio that breaks the law and
brings down the collective average of hammies.

I already know about it. So some bad Hams

get busted proves the system works.

More hammies than cbers get popped on a regular basis. One needs weed
through the many hammie busts to find the erant cber.

For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC

doesn't do anything looks like they're dead

wrong.

--

You lie again, as usual. No one on this group has stated the FCC does
nothing, but we all understand your need for such lies, as without them,

Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

ARRL Member

Frank Gilliland May 19th 04 03:39 PM

In , "Leland C. Scott"
wrote:

"Landshark" wrote in message

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do anything
looks like they're dead wrong.

A person operating on a ham band without a license is what the FCC
calls an 'unlicensed amateur', not an 'illegal CBer'. Violations
within the Citizen's Band are, for the most part, ignored by the FCC.
Officially, the FCC tries very hard to avoid the fact that 10 meter
incursions are mostly overflow from the anarchy which they allow to
continue in and around 11 meters. Instead, the FCC relies on hams like
you and Oxendine to unofficially pass reports of these incursions to
the CBers. Because if the Commission did it themselves they would be
admitting their own failure, and would then be forced to do their
jobs. And do you know why the FCC doesn't want to do their jobs and
enforce the CB? Because it is 'unprofitable' -- the legal process
costs more than the fines will return.

Leland C. Scott May 19th 04 04:31 PM

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves

the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do

anything
looks like they're dead wrong.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Who cares Leland? I know that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs get
busted out of tens of thousands,

Specifically they were truckers. If you investigate further you will
discover that in the union contracts the drivers are allowed to use CB
radios only. No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That was mention
specifically when UPS drivers were caught. Not only are the drivers at risk
from being fired the companies they work for face stiff fines for allowing
the violations to occur. The companies are responsible for making sure their
employees don't violate the law. If I had a driver that cost me $7,500 to
$10,000 in fines I'd fire them. There are plenty of hungry unemployed truck
drivers out there who are more than willing to follow the law.

it just shows that Hams are just as bad, don't follow the rules any

better.

The point for a long time big by mouthed CBer have claimed that incurions in
to the Ham 10m band was a minor deal and the FCC wasn't going to do anything
about it. Both claims are wrong. Having a few Hams contacted by the FCC for
Part 97 violations does not change the fact that there are millions of
CBers, there are only 650K to 750K Hams, operating illegally.

I wonder if the FCC knows about Doug's felony conviction? From
what I read, he could have his license revoked. Maybe someone
should forward those court papers along with the posts offering a
modified cb for sale, throw in a few of his colorful posts for a
little icing.

I'll bet they won't do a thing. In fact somebody mostly alread has and
nothing has happed.

Since you seem to like posting these things, why don't you do
your duty and turn Doug in for his crimes?

I don't turn in CBers either, I just like posting the news, so fair is fair.

Come on Lee, you are
so gung ho to post this drivel here to start flames.

It takes two. If you just ignored it then there wouldn't be a problem. But
you can't leave it alone. You're attracted to it like a moth to a bug
zapper.

Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community
for selling modified cb's.

Hams can sell all the modified equipment we want per Part 97, go look it up.

LOL!!!

Yeah, lot of laughs on this side because your trying to argue a point while
being totally ignorant of the rules. It would be different if you knew what
you were talking about. But that's been the case with most of the illegal
CBers on this group, big mouth and no facts.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark

Leland C. Scott May 19th 04 04:38 PM

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

Many care.

Hey Twirt, wow is your breath bad. You really should keep your mouth closed
when you go for a dip in the front yard septic tank you call a pool. All
that crap that gets in to your mouth comes back out when you open it to
sprew your non-sense. Maybe you can fill some bags up for SteveoChicken to
sell.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Steveo May 19th 04 04:54 PM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Leland C. Scott -------- pussy
KC8LDO

(STFU-geo)

Twistedhed May 19th 04 07:14 PM

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..
You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some

bad Hams get busted proves the system

works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming

the FCC doesn't do anything looks like they're

dead wrong.

--
Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

=A0

The only one "dead" wrong is you. No one in this group claims the lies
you attribute them.

_
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Who cares Leland? I know
that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs get busted out of tens of
thousands,

Specifically they were truckers. If you

investigate further you will discover that in the

union contracts the drivers are allowed to use

CB radios only.

Bull****. No such wording in trucker's union contracts. Such rules are
completely voluntary and enacted by the trucking companies. In fact, the
last mandate issued to the trucking industry regarding federal rules
relates to the carrying of firearms.
Lie upon lie upon lie is all KC8LDO can offer.

No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That

was mention specifically when UPS drivers

were caught.

It was mentioned when ANY company was notifed of drivers doing such.
UPS enacted their own rule. No union enacted such bull**** as you
misattribute (read: LIE).

Not only are the drivers at risk from being

fired the companies they work for face stiff

fines for allowing the violations to occur.

Very rarely, if at all, and most certainly not for first offenses, only
repeat violations after every opportunity is presented to correct the
problem,.....something that pains you to the point of howling because
you are no longer permitted to get away with breaking the law like you
prefer and do.
And many driver's are owner ops, absolving the companies of any and all
guilt.

The companies are responsible for making

sure their employees don't violate the law.

Owner ops are not employees.

If I had a driver that cost me $7,500 to

$10,000 in fines I'd fire them.

No worry there, as Mopar illustrated, you'll never have much of
anything.

There are plenty of hungry unemployed truck

drivers out there who are more than willing to

follow the law.

(it just shows that Hams are just as bad, don't
follow the rules any better)

Yep,,,and KC8LDO and his ilk epitomize such an example,,,it's widely
known across the hammie spectrum.

The point for a long time big by mouthed CBer
have claimed that incurions in to the Ham 10m
band was a minor deal and the FCC wasn't

going to do anything about it. Both claims are

wrong.

But of course, such claims were not made by anyone on this group, only
lies by yourself *claiming* such were made, giving you an
ever-collapsing soap box.

Having a few Hams contacted by the FCC for

Part 97 violations does not change the fact

that there are millions of CBers, there are only
650K to 750K Hams, operating illegally.

(=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I wonder if the FCC knows about Doug's felony
conviction? From what I read, he could have his license revoked. Maybe
someone should forward those court papers along with the posts offering
a modified cb for sale, throw in a few of his colorful posts for a
little icing. )

I'll bet they won't do a thing.

You also "bet" he was innocent, defended his felonious behavior, and
threatened this group with him flooding us again. As I said, you are the
epitome of what is wrong with hammie radio, a real cancer to those
hammies that actually have the good of the hobby as their interest.

In fact somebody mostly alread has and

nothing has happed.

=A0

(=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Since you seem to like posting these things, why
don't you do your duty and turn Doug in for his crimes?)

I don't turn in CBers either, I just like posting

the news, so fair is fair.

Your "news" is selective to serve your agenda.

(Come on Lee, you are
so gung ho to post this drivel here to start flames.)

It takes two.

Perhaps it does, but the fecal matter somehow ALWAYS originates with
yourself and our few fanny pinchers of Doug, Davie-son, Frank, and
Geogre.

More like a fertilizing expert to bull****.

(Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community for
selling modified cb's.)

Hams can sell all the modified equipment we

want per Part 97, go look it up.

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0LOL!!!

Your ignorance. Many of these hammies are also cbers who don't post
their call and besides,you are hard pressed to find ANY hammies at all
that would include you in a sentence utilizing the term "we"....as you
are an exile, an oddity to be reviled among the hammie community. You
are pointed to as a prime example when one needs illustrate a lid.

Yeah, lot of laughs on this side because your

trying to argue a point while being totally

ignorant of the rules.

You're the ignorantly presenting bull**** and claiming it is part of
drivers union contracts. It is you that is highly ignorant of what you
profess.

It would be different if you knew what you

were talking about. But that's been the case

with most of the illegal CBers on this group,

big mouth and no facts.

That reflection and projection of yourself has grown ten-fold since your
self-esteem has been raped and pillaged, in additio to your infamous
reputation as a stained hammie that encompasses al that is wrong with
hammie radio.
--
Leland C. Scott (failed code test twice)

KC8LDO

ARRL Member

Leland C. Scott May 20th 04 02:38 AM

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

Bull****. No such wording in trucker's union contracts. Such rules are
completely voluntary and enacted by the trucking companies.

No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That

was mention specifically when UPS drivers

were caught.

Spread your cheeks wide Twirt and prepare to take it like a man. And I'll
bet you'll even like it too.

Quoted from full text article following this.

"UPS Attorney Daniel N. Tenfelde last week assured Hollingsworth that his
company was taking its Warning Notice seriously and has launched a full
investigation.
"We discovered that some employees had obtained CB radios that contained a
mechanism allowing them to switch frequencies into the 10-meter Amateur
Radio band," he said in a January 28 letter. "It is not UPS policy to allow
equipment such as this to be used in our vehicles." He said UPS' contract
with the Teamsters Union allows only for CB radios. Tenfelde said UPS is
working with its transportation and labor groups to let drivers know that
such unlicensed operation violates both UPS policy and FCC regulations."

As you can CLEARLY READ it says UPS' contract with the Teamsters Union
allows only for CB radios.

Twirt you lie to cover the truth, but its out there and there is NOTHING you
can do to stop people from finding it!!

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/02/101/?nc=1

____________________

FCC Goes After Alleged 10-Meter Scofflaws
NEWINGTON, CT, Feb 2, 2004--The FCC is working on at least two fronts to
eliminate unlicensed operation from the 10-meter band. Earlier this month,
FCC Special Counsel Riley Hollingsworth sent warning notices to two shipping
companies regarding reports to the Commission that some of the companies'
vehicles may be the source of illegal radio transmissions on the amateur
band. One of the companies, UPS, has offered its full cooperation.

"Many truckers use CB radio, which does not require a license,"
Hollingsworth pointed out in letters earlier this month to UPS offices in
Ohio and Indiana and to R&L Transfer Inc of Ohio. "However, any person using
a radio transmitter on the Amateur Radio bands must possess a station and
operator license." Hollingsworth asked the over-the-road shippers to advise
their drivers that such radio operation could subject them to heavy fines
and seizure of their radio equipment.

UPS Attorney Daniel N. Tenfelde last week assured Hollingsworth that his
company was taking its Warning Notice seriously and has launched a full
investigation.

"We discovered that some employees had obtained CB radios that contained a
mechanism allowing them to switch frequencies into the 10-meter Amateur
Radio band," he said in a January 28 letter. "It is not UPS policy to allow
equipment such as this to be used in our vehicles." He said UPS' contract
with the Teamsters Union allows only for CB radios. Tenfelde said UPS is
working with its transportation and labor groups to let drivers know that
such unlicensed operation violates both UPS policy and FCC regulations.

In a parallel development, the FCC issued a Citation to Jonathan Edward
Stone, doing business as Omnitronics/Pacetronics for alleged violation of
§302(b) of the Communications Act and §2.803(a)(1) of the Commission's
rules.

An investigation by the FCC's Dallas field office led the Commission to
allege that Omnitronics/Pacetronics was offering more than two dozen
uncertificated "Citizens Band" transceivers via its Web site. The FCC says
Omnitronics/Pacetronics was marketing the units as Amateur Radio equipment,
which does not require FCC certification (formerly known as "type
acceptance"), and a check of the company's Web site generally confirmed that
assertion.

"The Commission has evaluated radio frequency devices similar to those
listed and concluded that the devices at issue are not only amateur radios
but can easily be altered for use as Citizens Band devices as well," said
the FCC Citation from FCC Dallas District Director James D. Wells. The FCC
said it concluded that the devices fall within the definition of CB
transmitters and therefore "cannot legally be imported or marketed in the
United States." That would include so-called "export" models, the Citation
said, pointing to a 2000 revision of §2.1204(a)(5) of its rules.

Citing §95.655(a) of the FCC's rules, Wells noted that "dual-use CB and
Amateur Radio of the kind at issue here may not be certificated under the
Commission's rules." He said the clarification was added to Part 95--which
governs the Citizens Band--"to explicitly foreclose the possibility of
certification of dual-use CB and amateur radios and thereby deter use by CB
operators of frequencies allocated for Amateur Radio use."

The FCC Citation also warned Unitronics/Pacetronics regarding the
requirement of FCC certification of external RF amplifiers or amplifier kits
capable of operating below 144 MHz as well as the prohibition against
marketing RF amplifiers or amplifier kits capable of operating between 24
and 35 MHz.

Most of the transceivers in question carry brand names unfamiliar within the
amateur community--such as Connex, Galaxy, General and Superstar. Radios
being marketed as amateur gear are shown on the Unitronics/Pacetronics Web
site displaying 27.185 MHz on the dial--CB channel 19. Some of the purported
amateur transceivers have only a channel readout display, not a frequency
display, and only operate on AM or FM modes. For an additional charge,
Omnitronics/Pacetronics offers such accessories as roger beeps, "turbo echo"
and what it calls "basic" and "professional" alignment.

The only recognized amateur manufacturer on the list in the FCC's Citation
is Ranger. The FCC Citation singled out the Ranger models RCI-2950DX--a
10-meter transceiver--and RCI-2970DX--a dual-band 10/12-meter unit. Both are
shown on the Omnitronics/Pacetronics Web site displaying 27.185 MHz, and the
ad copy notes, "you can use this radio in the roughest environments. (Yes,
even a Mack.)"

The February QST 1992 review of the Ranger RCI-2950 made note of its CB
heritage and features--such as a "roger beep" and a public-address speaker
jack. The ARRL Lab said it may be possible to modify the '2950 for operation
outside the amateur bands. The RCI-2970DX was reviewed in QST for October
2001. The ARRL Lab said that using then-available information, it was unable
to modify the '2970DX it tested for operation on non-amateur frequencies.

Omnitronics/Pacetronics is not related to Omnitronics, LLC, the Ohio company
that manufactures Astatic microphones--including the D-104--and other
microphones, some used for mobile CB applications.

-------------------

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Leland C. Scott May 20th 04 02:42 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll even give
you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your fanny out the
door.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

I Am Not George May 20th 04 03:10 AM

Steveo wrote in message ...
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll

even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your

fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

Visitors must show a valid driver license ID at the front desk. Steveo

Date: Wed, May 19, 2004 6:52 PM
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll

even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your

fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

Visitors are require to show a driver license ID and sign in at the
front desk. you wont dare go inside you pussy lol

Leland C. Scott May 20th 04 04:39 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll even
give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your fanny out
the door.

Friday at noon?

I don't care when you show up chicken. Make sure you take a shower first. I
don't want you stinking the place up.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

JJ May 20th 04 04:48 AM

Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.

JJ May 20th 04 04:53 AM

Twistedhed wrote:

More hammies than cbers get popped on a regular basis. One needs weed
through the many hammie busts to find the erant cber.

Which proves the FCC cares more about the ham bands than they do about
cb. We applaud their efforts to catch the errant hams, more power to
them. That is why they also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to
operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care less about the cb band
anymore as the cbers took it upon themselves to turn it into the sewer
pit of the radio spectrum.

Landshark May 20th 04 07:29 AM

"JJ" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.

Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted, only
10% of cb's busted? Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it.

Landshark

--
The world is good-natured to people
who are good natured.

Landshark May 20th 04 07:30 AM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

You forgot all the rest Leland..................

Who cares? I already know about it. So some bad Hams get busted proves

the
system works. For the big mouthed CBers claiming the FCC doesn't do

anything
looks like they're dead wrong.
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Who cares Leland? I know that Cb'rs get busted. So a few Cb'rs

get
busted out of tens of thousands,

Specifically they were truckers. If you investigate further you will
discover that in the union contracts the drivers are allowed to use CB
radios only. No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That was mention
specifically when UPS drivers were caught.

OMG, now you seem to know what the union contracts say for
OK City. Ok & Lithonia Ga? LMAO!!!! Now who's the ignorant one
.................... ROTFLMFAO!!!! Oh Leland, quit now while your
behind.....

Not only are the drivers at risk
from being fired the companies they work for face stiff fines for allowing
the violations to occur. The companies are responsible for making sure

their
employees don't violate the law. If I had a driver that cost me $7,500 to
$10,000 in fines I'd fire them. There are plenty of hungry unemployed

truck
drivers out there who are more than willing to follow the law.

Agreed, but you still haven't proved that the drivers were even
reprimanded, let alone fired. You have some sort of crystal ball
into those companies, to see what happens internally? Yeah right!

[...]

Same to you, you are like a bug, attracted to the headlights................
SQUISH!!!!!!!!!!!! there you are, another causualty on a windshield.

Do your Ham duty
and turn Doug in for his crimes to his family and the ham community
for selling modified cb's.

Hams can sell all the modified equipment we want per Part 97, go look it

up.

Yeah, but he offered the radio, then offered to modify it for extra
freqs for the buyer, no matter who bought it. Defend him all you
want, he's a felon and your defending a felon, a losing proposition
anyway you slice it.
LOL!!!

Yeah, lot of laughs on this side because your trying to argue a point

while
being totally ignorant of the rules. It would be different if you knew

what
you were talking about. But that's been the case with most of the illegal
CBers on this group, big mouth and no facts.

Oh but I do Leland, been there, seen it, done it, you on the other hand
are doing nothing but sinking your own ship. Defending a known felon,
repeater jammer. Talking like you know the union contracts of the
trucking firms from OK City, Ok & Lithonia Ga, when you don't
know squat! Go ahead and email, better yet, call the local union
for both, have them post where it's against union rules to have
anything other than a cb in union trucks..........LMAO!!!!

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark

--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.

It must when your Leland smashed against the windshield!!!!!!!

Landshark

I Am Not George May 20th 04 07:44 AM

"Landshark" wrote:
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Try this go post a bunch of FCC reports of busted hams on a ham group
no one will get mad there wont be any reaction except maybe they will
say that these guys deserve it etc. Now go post a bunch of FCC
reports of CBers being busted in a CB news group. opposite reaction,
there will be lots of crying, flames and discontent, landshark will
attack whoever posted it and moparholic will threaten to beat them up
lol. Give me some insight on why this difference somebody.

Leland C. Scott May 20th 04 09:39 AM

"Landshark" wrote in message

"JJ" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.

Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted

Prove the numbers.

only
10% of cb's busted?

Pprove the numbers.

Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it

True, but you know that's not the issue don't you. When you bend over and
pull numbers out of that dark hole of yours, that's a TwistedTurd's trick,
you'll have to fine a better source to convince reasonable people.

If you got busted and had to pay a $10K fine you going to go around a
broadcast the fact? But then again we wouldn't know it was you because you
like the other CBers hide behind fake names. I'll bet a lot of CBers are
getting busted and are just too ashamed to admit it. Heck that would spoil
the myth that the FCC doesn't do anything, just like when it was mentioned
nothing would be done about intruders on 10m.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Leland C. Scott May 20th 04 09:42 AM

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
The I-85 incidents were reported by one Jerry W. Oxendine, K4KWH. Those
trucking companies have been contacted and made aware. The accused have
a right to know their accuser.

I'll bet they sent him a thank you note, that is if it really was him.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Steveo May 20th 04 12:46 PM

JJ wrote:
Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.

Where did you get those numbers, kid dyno-mite?

Steveo May 20th 04 12:54 PM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
Maybe you can fill some bags up for
SteveoChicken to sell.

Should I bring my portfolio to inductoheat?

Naw, we don't need any more floor sweepers, but if you insist I'll
even give you a personal tour of the place then gleefully kick your
fanny out the door.

Friday at noon?

I don't care when you show up chicken. Make sure you take a shower first.
I don't want you stinking the place up.

This ain't no social call, nad. You'll need to meet me in the
parking lot..and if you have the nerve to say your spew to my
face, your nose won't be much use to you for a while anyway.

Frank Gilliland May 20th 04 12:59 PM

In , "Landshark"
wrote:

"JJ" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

it just shows that Hams are just as bad,
don't follow the rules any better.

Really? Just listen across the ham bands and you will find that 99% of
the hams are following the rules. Listen across the 11 meter band and
you will find 99% of the operators are breaking the rules.

Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted, only
10% of cb's busted? Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it.

Landshark

You can't see the forest through the trees, shark. Busting someone
that isn't licensed costs much more money in man-hours, equipment
usage, travel expenses, etc. There needs to be monitoring and DFing,
at least one warning notice, more monitoring and DFing, a request for
station inspection, more monitoring and DFing, etc, etc, etc. This is
done because once an NAL is issued, the evidence needs to be very
nearly unimpeachable to avoid legal challenges in court, which would
cost even more money in court fees and lawyers. That's why when you
-do- hear of a CBer getting busted the violations are usually quite
extensive. On the other hand, it's easy to bust a ham because a lot of
the legal process is eliminated by the fact that the violator is
licensed -- the license pre-empts most of the issues upon which a
legal challenge could be made. All they need to do is record a few
illegal transmissions, do a DF and audio comparison against legal
transmissions where the ham identifies himself, then cite the ham for
a violation against his license. Very cheap and easy.

Landshark May 20th 04 02:24 PM

"Landshark" wrote in message

"JJ" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

[...]

What fake name Leland? George has posted my
Name, address, work info a number of times, so
who's hiding?
What does the union contract for Waggoners Trucking
say? Are they union? Does James Brown Trucking union
contract forbid him from having anything other than a
CB radio?
Answer those questions, I'll answer your requests for
proof above, until then you ignorance for the issues is showing.

Landshark

Twistedhed May 20th 04 04:08 PM

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Bull****. No such wording in trucker's union contracts. Such rules are
completely voluntary and enacted by the trucking companies.

No export radios, no modified CBs etc. That

was mention specifically when UPS drivers

were caught.

Spread your cheeks wide Twirt and prepare to
take it like a man. And I'll bet you'll even like it

too.

Homsexual connotations by KC8LDO noted.

Quoted from full text article following this.

"UPS Attorney Daniel N. Tenfelde last week

assured Hollingsworth that his company was

taking its Warning Notice seriously and has

launched a full investigation.

No one took issue with your claim that UPS had such a policy. Your
communication deficit is acting up and on display for all to enjoy.

"We discovered that some employees had

obtained CB radios that contained a

mechanism allowing them to switch

frequencies into the 10-meter Amateur Radio

band," he said in a January 28 letter. "It is not

UPS policy to allow equipment such as this to

be used in our vehicles." He said UPS'

contract with the Teamsters Union allows only

for CB radios.

Correct.."UPS" contract,,,NOT the Teamster's CONTRACT. Your
communication deficit is responsible for your flawed interpretation of
such. If you didn;t suffer so massively, you wouldn;t have made such a
mistake.

Tenfelde said UPS is working with its

transportation and labor groups to let drivers

know that such unlicensed operation violates

both UPS policy and FCC regulations."

As you can CLEARLY READ it says UPS'

contract with the Teamsters Union

allows only for CB radios.

Again, it is UPS contract, NOT the Teamsters contract.
KC8LDO you lie to cover the truth, but its out there and there is
NOTHING you can do to stop people from realizing it !! Here it is
again, claiming it is the UPS contract, NOT the Teamster's contract. UPS
is but one of a handful of companies enacting such policies.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/02/101/?nc=3D

Now, stop your lying KC8LDO, and learn from your mistakes, child.

Twistedhed May 20th 04 04:15 PM

From: (JJ)
Twistedhed wrote:
More hammies than cbers get popped on a regular basis. One needs weed
through the many hammie busts to find the erant cber.

Which proves the FCC cares more about the

ham bands than they do about cb.

Exactly.

We applaud their efforts to catch the errant

hams, more power to them. That is why they

also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to

operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care

less about the cb band anymore as the cbers

took it upon themselves to turn it into the

sewer pit of the radio spectrum.

Hehhee,,,it wasn't the cbers that brought the extra freqs and in between
capabilities and amps to cb,,,it was the hammies. They actually did all
the cbers a huge favor by their actions,,,,,they turned it into a
virtual free for all and many cbers enjoy it just the way it is, much to
the chagrin of certain scumbag hammies.
I agree, the FCC doesn't care about the cb band, only scurvy hammies who
cause trouble like N8WWM, K4KWH, N7VCF, WA3MOJ, KC8LDO and N3CVJ make
such waves about cb and cbers on this group. It's good that the FCC
enforces the rules on hammie radio concerning unlicensed operation,,,and
hammies operating where they aren't supposed to,,and intentional
interference,,,,and license expiration,,,,and repeater jamming,,,,,,and
everything else.

Twistedhed May 20th 04 04:20 PM

No union contracts by the Teamsters address the radios as KC8LDO has
maintained. More lies from KCLDO. All can see how he took a single
company (UPS) and THEIR specific contract and took it to mean the
Teamsters have enacted the contract...such is the price he pays for
suffering such a massive deficit in communications.

Twistedhed May 20th 04 04:24 PM

From: (Leland=A0C.=A0Scott)
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
The I-85 incidents were reported by one Jerry W. Oxendine, K4KWH. Those
trucking companies have been contacted and made aware. The accused have
a right to know their accuser.

I'll bet they sent him a thank you note, that is if
it really was him.

Oh it was him, alright.
Your "bets" have all proved incompetent and incoherent. Your
cluelessness is on display. If "they" did anything at all, they probably
posted the email near the time clock so the drivers who were accused
were aware of their accusers.
Besides, they were just contacted this week.

--
Leland C. Scott

KC8LDO

ARRL Member

JJ May 20th 04 11:10 PM

Landturd wrote:

Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted, only
10% of cb's busted? Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it.

Landshark

Concetrate hard and see if you can comprehend. If not any six year old
can explaine it to you.

The FCC dosen't give a crap about the cb band anymore. Any idiot can get
away with most anything there now. As for those who stray outside the cb
bands, like into the 10 meter band and operate without a license, they
are more likely to get caught. The FCC still values ham radio, that is
why wayward hams and other illegal ops on the ham bands are likely to
get caught. And by the way, 99% of the hams don't get busted, 99+
percent of the hams are operating legally, while 99+ percent of the
cbers are operating illegally.

JJ May 20th 04 11:12 PM

Leland C. Scott wrote:

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

The I-85 incidents were reported by one Jerry W. Oxendine, K4KWH. Those
trucking companies have been contacted and made aware. The accused have
a right to know their accuser.

I'll bet they sent him a thank you note, that is if it really was him.

And it is pure speculation on twistie's part that it was Jerry.

Steveo May 21st 04 01:16 AM

JJ wrote:
Landturd wrote:

Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted, only
10% of cb's busted? Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it.

Landshark

Concetrate hard and see if you can comprehend. If not any six year old
can explaine it to you.

Is a six year old about to explain it below?

The FCC dosen't give a crap about the cb band anymore.

They haven't in years. Btw jj, when is the last time -you-
used a CB radio?

Landshark May 21st 04 01:57 AM

"JJ" wrote in message
Landturd wrote:

Fine JJ, sorry for what the spell check did, I didn't look
to see what it corrected
Really JUJU, why is it that 99% of the hams are busted, only
10% of cb's busted? Please don't say it's the money, 10K is
10K, no matter who pays it.

Landshark

Concetrate hard and see if you can comprehend. If not any six year old
can explaine it to you.

Ok, lets see if the others will listen

The FCC dosen't give a crap about the cb band anymore. Any idiot can get
away with most anything there now. As for those who stray outside the cb
bands, like into the 10 meter band and operate without a license, they
are more likely to get caught. The FCC still values ham radio, that is
why wayward hams and other illegal ops on the ham bands are likely to
get caught.

Agreed, no doubt about that.

And by the way, 99% of the hams don't get busted, 99+
percent of the hams are operating legally, while 99+ percent of the
cbers are operating illegally.

My point is that you are using a pretty wide paint brush, with no
facts at all to back that up. That's why I said that JJ, you can say
and think what you want, but you wrong on both accounts.

Landshark

Landshark May 21st 04 01:57 AM

N7VCF wrote:
[...]

I guess that's what Frank wrote............100% correct.

The point is that making a statement that 99% of cb'rs
operate illegally is false, just as 99% of hams get busted
for operating illegally.

Landshark